- selttesAsked on September 07, 2011 at 06:24 AM
This feature of Jot Form is the most confusing. I'm looking for an Auto-responder whereby when a prospective client submits an inquiry, the person receives an auto-response indicating their inquiry was received. Currently I receive in my email account the auto responder message that I want the client to receive. Do I have to log into Jotform and manually type into the 'recipient' field the submitter's email address?
This is a re-post of a comment on Explanation of Email Notification and Autoresponder Settings
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on September 07, 2011 at 06:29 AM
Here is how you can create a new auto-responder to send the person who fills the form:
1. Open your form on the Form Builder
2. Click on "Setup and Share" tab,
3. Click on "Email Alerts",
4. Click on "Add New Email" and ,
5. Then select Autoresponder,
6. On the right bottom side, (recipient address) select the form question that asks user to enter an email address,
7. Finish and Save your form.