- nbe0421Asked on September 08, 2011 at 03:54 PM
I have created a form which is now embedded in my website and being used my many. I have a date of birth field in the form but feedback from some users is that the year section of the date of birth field does not extend back far enough. Is there anyway to extend the year pre 1920 as is the current situation? I realise I could use free text boxes but I would like to use the drop down selection options were possible to prevent possible typing errors. Any advice would be much appreciated! many thanks
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on September 08, 2011 at 04:15 PM
The pre-made Birth Date Picker field does not allow for custom values. It means that, no, the years cannot be extended. What I suggest is to use regular drop downs instead.
1. Create 3 drop downs for month, days and years.
2. Shrink the fields so that they take less space. Right-click > Shrink
3. Adjust the width of these drop downs to your preference
4. Click the Options button to insert custom options into your drop downs, you may also use the Special button to prepopulate a drop down with months
5. Use this generated list for the years (as far back as 1900) - http://www.sranrrr.com/1900.txt
If you followed these instructions correctly, you should be able to come up with something like this:
Hope this helps. Please inform us if you have further questions. Thanks!
- nbe0421Answered on September 08, 2011 at 04:53 PM
Thanks very much Neil. You've been really helpful and I have updated my form as you suggested. Thanks again for your advice!! Best wishes, Helen.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on September 08, 2011 at 04:59 PM
We're always happy when a customer finds the solution we provide useful. Thank you as well for choosing JotForm as your form builder.