- IntegrityCapitalAsked on September 11, 2011 at 05:03 PM
To prevent duplicate editing, is there a way to create a button that stays "same as above" to fill in where the current address and physical address are the same? Just for simplicity sake for user....just askin' Thanks!Page URL:
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on September 11, 2011 at 06:43 PM
Thanks for asking. I can envisage a method by which this can be accomplished but a check box would have to be used instead of a button. When the box is checked, the field to be filled with duplicate information would become hidden. However, I need to be clear on the address fields to which you are referring. The form in question has four (4) such fields:
1. Company Present Physical Address
2. Company Present Mailing Address
3. Company Previous Address (If Moved Within Last 12 Months)
4. Contractor's Home Address
I'm pretty certain No. 3 has nothing to do with this and my presumption is that we are dealing with No. 1 and No. 2 (Company Present Physical Address and Company Present Mailing Address). Is this correct?
Looking forward to a response at your ealiest convenience.
EDIT: Never mind. Now that I'm looking at the form again, it's obvious that the two fields in question are Nos. 1 and 2. I'll post the solution here soon.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on September 12, 2011 at 01:53 AM
Oops! I just realized that while testing my solution, emails were being sent to your address instead of mine.
Sorry about that.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on September 13, 2011 at 01:58 AM
Hi again Chris
My original intention was to post two solutions in one reply but I think it would be better to divide the post into two sections and post Solution No. 2 after you have had a chance to try out the first one. The second solution is a bit longwinded and might cause a bit of confusion when trying to figure out which form is which.
1. Load the form into the form builder and insert a radio button field between the Company Present Physical Address and Company Present Mailing Address fields
2. Label the radio button field "Address Below Is", remove "Option 3" and rename "Option 1" and "Option 2" "Same As Above" and "Different Than Above" respectively and then set this field to load with neither choice selected.
3. Save the form and then follow the instructions at this link from Step 4 to the end
Here is a copy of your form with the requested functionality. You will notice that besides the "copy data from one field to another" feature, other changes have been made. Feel free to clone the form and use it as your own. Just remember to change the Recipient E-mail in the notification from "firstname.lastname@example.org" to your actual email address.
Preview of Alternative Method
Instead of populating the mailing address field with entries made in the physical address field, this method hides the second address field when "Same As Above" is selected. However, upon submission, JotForm's Conditions feature is used to both send a different notification and load a different confirmation page, depending on the selection made in the radio button field. (To be continued in a later reply to the thread.)
Please let us know Solution 1. suits your purposes.