- emmanuelmorenoAsked on September 22, 2014 at 11:24 AM
I have just setup the mailchimp integration and seem to be encountering the same issue with my forms. Here is an example of a form that should be passing along the info, but is not: http://form.jotform.com/form/12270124743
I have also tried to generate a new key as suggested, but that does not resolve the issue. Can you help please?
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on September 22, 2014 at 01:25 PM
Aren't you getting anything or just a particular field? Can you please clarify? In the meantime I'll make some test and will update you later on.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on September 22, 2014 at 09:26 PM
@emmanuelmoreno, you are right, I just cloned your form and integrated it with Mailchimp:
And I filled out the form, the contact was not sent to Mailchimp:
No subscriber found:
I have reported this to our second level, you will be notified via this thread of any updates.
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on September 22, 2014 at 10:34 PM
I was able to send data to Mailchimp integration, this is what I did
1. First I created the list on Mailchimp, then I went to Settings > List Fields and *|MERGE|* tags
2. Then I added the Text field for "Your Message"
3. I proceeded with the integration at JotForm builder, making sure that the option Send Contacts to Mailchimp is set to "Only if user agrees". (there is no need to manually add any check box, marking the option will create it)
4. After that, I made sure all the fields were mapped:
5. And here are my results:
Please try my steps, let me know if the problem persist.
- emmanuelmorenoAnswered on September 23, 2014 at 02:34 PM
Hmmm... still not working. I updated the list fields to add "My Message" and remapped the fields, no luck. I also tried to change the api key, but that did not help either. Any other suggestions?
- KadeJMAnswered on September 23, 2014 at 04:16 PM
I'm working on this to provide to test it further to see if I can figure out the cause of the issue and I will respond briefly with an update about the problem at hand.
- KadeJMAnswered on September 23, 2014 at 04:43 PM
I think I found the problem.
It appears to be related to the referencing involved in the Checkboxes when opting into accepting to allow the information to be used to send to MailChimp while agreeing to the newsletter.
I noticed that if I have it set to "always agree" then it sends instantly every time. This appears and works perfectly fine.
However, if the setup is configured to work "only when the user agrees" this seems to be the main cause of the issue where it is hanging. When I had set this up I saw nothing would come through. Yet after I removed it and would re-integrate to check it further I then found the test submission which didn't show up was now in the list again.
Although, oddly at the same will also recur if the created "Subscriber|Newsletter Checkbox List" to agree is there. I think because of this configuration it then becomes unrecognized by Mailchimp and is left lingering for the time being. When I removed it with it on user agrees it would also work fine.
- JotForm SupportsteveAnswered on October 09, 2014 at 09:10 PM
We've been testing this and have received mixed results in reproducing the issue. It's possible there are some inconsistencies on MailChimp's end that may have caused this. Some of us could reproduce the issue, others can not.
Can you confirm that you're still experiencing the same issue?
- emmanuelmorenoAnswered on October 18, 2014 at 03:21 PMHi,
Thank you for your follow up! Not sure what's changed, but in the meantime
the integration seems to be working now....
Thank you once again.
- raulAnswered on October 18, 2014 at 07:09 PM
We're glad that everything it's working now :)
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.