- casaleggioAsked on September 14, 2011 at 10:07 AM
We published a survey on http://www.beppegrillo.it/2011/09/scaricare_ogni.html
It stoppoed gathering data after a few minutes and 71 submissions.
We need to have it running as soon as possibile!
Please reply asap
- allanftdAnswered on September 14, 2011 at 10:37 AM
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I was able to replicate the issue you reported. I shall escalate this to our Tier 2 Support for further checking. In the meantime, please wait for a few more minutes, there may be a slight delay in the transmission of responses to your account and email.
I sent a submission around 10:20AM EST, kindly check within 1 hour if you receive it or not. Our apologies but we do not have phone support at this time, but rest assured that we're working on resolving this issue.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on September 14, 2011 at 11:05 AM
We are not sure what is the problem with this form but when we cloned the form, the cloned form worked fine. So, my suggestion would be to change your site to point to this form instead:
- casaleggioAnswered on September 14, 2011 at 11:10 AM
Your submission appeared a few moments ago on a cloned copy of the survey. The original survey still does not collect any subsmission neither displays the report http://www.jotform.com/report/12565745658/?
This is a huge problem for our website.
- casaleggioAnswered on September 14, 2011 at 11:11 AM
What caused the problem? If you can't stand our traffic we have to swith to another service provider.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on September 14, 2011 at 11:26 AM
I think we found the reason for the missing submissions. If a form receives submissions above a threshold, we queue the submissions on a high performance server and then process them in the background. We have this system so that high submission forms don't degrade the system for everyone. It looks like a problem has caused these submissions to be not processed yet. I will post here when we have a fix. For now we are increasing the threshold to a very high number so that your forms will not be queued until the problem is fully fixed.
- casaleggioAnswered on September 14, 2011 at 11:32 AM
Can I put the form back online? I took it off when it stopped
- casaleggioAnswered on September 14, 2011 at 11:35 AM
Please note that our website has approximately 200.000 visits per day.
Will the threshold meet this volume?
- casaleggioAnswered on September 14, 2011 at 12:36 PM
I need to be reassured that when I put the survey back online it won't stop again.
Can your system meet the volume I indicated?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on September 15, 2011 at 05:57 AM
Yes, you can put the form back online. We disabled the feature that caused the problem.