- 1sparkAsked on October 06, 2014 at 11:55 AM
Is there any way to have a form send a notification email based on items IN the form?
For example, if we want to have one field on the form to be "Client Number" and one to be "Project Number" and we want the form to email a notification upon submission to Client Number_Project Number @ tasks.teamwork.com?
Let me know! Thanks in advance,
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on October 06, 2014 at 12:55 PM
It is possible to send notifications based on conditions. It is required to write conditions for various clients and projects as needed. Please follow the steps below :
1. Click on Conditions from Setup & Embed tab to access Conditions Wizard
2. Select the option Send an e-mail after submission
3. Add the rules by selecting the field options as required and provide the email address to send the notification upon submission.
4. Click on Save and the set condition shall be displayed
5. Add new conditions as required and click on Finish to close the wizard.
The notifications in Email alerts are shown as Conditional and these alerts shall be triggered only when the conditions are met.
Hope this information helps. Please get back to us if you need further assistance. We will be happy to assist you.
- 1sparkAnswered on October 06, 2014 at 01:08 PM
Hi - yes I've seen that.
But that's not what I'm asking.
I need the actual email address to change based upon what is listed in the form.
The email I want the notification sent to will be based on two of the fields in the form. One field then an _ then the other field then @ tasks.teamwork.com.
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on October 06, 2014 at 01:49 PM
Unfortunately, it is not possible to have dynamic email addresses for sending notifications. The workaround is to have separate conditions for different emails. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.
Please let us know if you have any other questions. Thank you.