- hedpe_23Asked on October 11, 2014 at 05:40 PM
I want to give my customers there own form. Is there a way tokeep it filled with the information they enter?
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on October 11, 2014 at 06:59 PM
Thank you contacting JotForm Support. You're saying that you want a form that has data already entered on it right? Like a pre-filled or pre-populated form.
You can do that by using these wonderful JotForm App, Field Prepopulator - (http://prepopulate.jotform.io/). It allows you to fill the fields you would like your users to see pre-filled and produces the generated URL to send to your client.
You can also put some Default Values on the form.
I hope this helps. Let us know if you need more help.
- hedpe_23Answered on October 14, 2014 at 05:07 PM
I'm actually trying to find out if the form data can be saved, and accessed by a customer on a webpage?
- ShadaeAnswered on October 14, 2014 at 06:58 PM
To confirm, you would like when a user fills out the form, when they load the page another time, that the information that they entered will be filled in the form?
If that is the case, you can turn on the auto-fill feature in your forms.
Here are the steps to enable to auto-fill feature:
1. Select to Edit your desired form
2. Select "Setup and Embed"
3. Select "Preferences"
4. On Preferences Tab, select "Advance Settings"
5. On Advance Settings tab, Select "Edit Auto Fill Settings"
6. Set to "Enable" and choose "Time" interval to save changes.
Autofill does use the local storage from the browser to store the current state of the form. Meaning that the saved states should be available on that specific computer's browser only.
I hope this helps, please inform us if you need further assistance.