- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on November 07, 2014 at 05:00 PM
Can you please confirm that the issue is now resolved on your form?
I tried checking your forms for the issue, but so far I did not encounter the issue on any of them when I test opening the forms.
- ipendergAnswered on November 07, 2014 at 05:14 PM
The form effected is http://www.jotform.com//?formID=41146854236152
The Dynamic drop down labelled "Building" is the original that had the above mentioned error. I had added "Building 2" utilizing the the same data via copy-paste.
In the original dynamic drop down I had deleted some of the data to get it below the previously mentioned threshold of 2000 characters. As a result the error message has disappeared yet the content fails to display. I hesitate to delete the module completely as I am not sure what it will do to the date received from previous submissions.
Thanks for looking into this.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on November 07, 2014 at 05:38 PM
Thank you for the clarification.
I checked your jotform http://www.jotform.us/form/41146854236152
although I can see that the discontinued widget was still there, it did not caused any loading issue when I load the form.
I was able to see the issue..
Although both 'Building' and 'Building 2' have the same content, it is weird that 'Building' is not working like the new 'Building 2'
I will do some further investigation about this.
I hesitate to delete the module completely as I am not sure what it will do to the date received from previous submissions.
This is good move. Pleae do NOT delete the field/widget as it will delete also all the existing submissions on it.
I will get back to you quickly.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on November 07, 2014 at 09:36 PM
It seems the original dropdown widget (Building) as corrupted already. This is the reason it is no longer working.
I did some testing on how to be able to recover the original existing submissions of the 'Building' widget if the widget is to be deleted.
There is a way to re-link all of the existing submissions to the new 'Building' widget.
I did this steps
1. Make sure to download a copy of the existing submission data. Use this guide http://www.jotform.com/help/73-How-to-Partially-Download-Form-Submissions-as-Excel-CSV-PDF
Make sure to download ALL submissions.
2. After making sure data are save (downloaded file already) open the form in the form builder.
3. Open the 'Building 2' widget for editing.
4. In Building 2 widget configuration, COPY All the content of the Dropdown list widget.
This is the content http://pastie.org/9704106
5. Now, delete the widget 'Building' from the form
6. ADD a new a new dynamic Dropdown widget.
Configure the widget and PASTE the widget with items that were copied from 'Building 2' widget
7. Make sure to name the new widget as 'Building'
6. SAVE the form
7. The 'Building' widget should now work.
The dynamic dropdown list should now contains all the original submission data of the previously 'deleted 'Building' Widiget.
8. Go to the form Submissions View to check the submissions.
In the form, the 'Building' widget should now work with all the available items intact.(similar to Building 2)
Hope this help. Inform us if you need further assistance.