- chnetworAsked on September 22, 2011 at 08:58 PM
When you get to the end of our "join" form, the "submit" button is greyed out and unclickable. However, when you click "back" on the form and then "next" to get back to the final page, the submit button shows up normally and lets you submit.
Can't figure out why this is happening. Please help!
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on September 23, 2011 at 05:53 AM
I will submit a ticket to our development team regarding this bug. You will hear from them once this is fixed.
Thank you for your patience.
- bwincAnswered on September 24, 2011 at 01:15 PM
Same problem. I have a multi-page form that I've been working on for several weeks. It includes LOTS of conditionals. Recently, I noticed that the submit button is ghosted the first time I navigate through the form to final page. However, clicking 'Back' just once and then returning to the final page activates the button and the form can be submitted.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on September 24, 2011 at 02:27 PM
Thanks for the additional input, bwinc. That's what I observed as well.
The fixing of this bug is currently in progress as of the moment. The development team will respond to this thread as soon as it is fixed.
Thank you for your patience.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on September 26, 2011 at 06:49 AM
Hello JM and bwinc,
Can you try your forms again and see if you're still experiencing this issue?
We'll wait for your responses.
- bwincAnswered on September 26, 2011 at 09:03 AM
Sorry, but it's still not working. In fact, now I can't even click back to get the submit button to re-enable. It just stays greyed out permanently.
- LFFIndustryAnswered on September 26, 2011 at 09:17 AM
Hello, we are experiencing the same submit button problem across multiple forms in our three different professional accounts - LFF, LFFIndustry, and LFFpress. Please update us asap on progress with the bug fix as we are on form submission deadlines for several projects. Many thanks, Emilie.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on September 26, 2011 at 09:18 AM
hello bwinc and Emilie.
May we know what browser you are using so we can try replicating the issue?
Also, if you can provide us the URL of your forms, that would be great as well.
- bethelpcAnswered on September 26, 2011 at 09:41 AM
Same issue - can't submit - greyed out :-(
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on September 26, 2011 at 09:47 AM
Same question with bwinc and Emilie, :)
May we know the browser you're using and also the form in issue?
Perhaps, you can try making a full refresh of your browser (shift key + click refresh icon), or deleting your browser's temporary internet files (browser's web cache), then try again your forms.
We'll wait for your updates.
- accoAnswered on September 26, 2011 at 10:06 AM
Hi, i got the same problem on one of my two forms, it precisely is the second one, created by duplicate my first form. I've just tried everything: clear cache, try it on every browser on my mac, even on IE in my VM but without success; the second form still has the submit button grayed out...
Hope the info could help to debug this problem.
- evank001Answered on September 26, 2011 at 10:06 AM
Same problem for me today ! On any browser, only for multiple page forms !
- bethelpcAnswered on September 26, 2011 at 10:10 AM
using IE9 - submit button will not work. Did a ctrl-F5 reload, cleared temp files, still won't work. Next and Back buttons work fine.
Firefox 3.6.22 is worse - next AND back buttons will not work. The form has three pages. The first page is showing a back button now?
- bethelpcAnswered on September 26, 2011 at 10:15 AM
follow up - when logged in and editing - using the jotform preview - submit button stilled greyed out.
- LFFIndustryAnswered on September 26, 2011 at 10:18 AM
Thanks Liyam, our forms are confidential so I'll send the links and problem description in full through the private support page. Best, Emilie
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on September 26, 2011 at 10:21 AM
You can start a new thread and mark the checkbox that will make your submission post as private.
Thanks and warm regards,
- bethelpcAnswered on September 26, 2011 at 10:33 AM
had my wife check the form from her office - she had never visited the site or form - submit button would not work - greyed out.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on September 26, 2011 at 10:47 AM
Thank you for these further details, bethelpc.
A ticket has been submitted to our development team with high priority. We will update you once this bug is fixed.
Thank you for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
- twiga007Answered on September 26, 2011 at 10:53 AM
I am also having this issue...I have about 100 volunteers waiting to fill out a Bio Form. Please let me know as soon as this is fixed.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on September 26, 2011 at 11:16 AM
We apologize for this.
A ticket has been submitted with the highest priority. We'll post an update once this is resolved.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
- allanftdAnswered on September 26, 2011 at 11:19 AM
In the meantime, for those who are having problems with the Submit button, you may try to place a Submit button using the Free Text (HTML) field by using the following code:
<input type="submit" value="Submit" />
Please visit this sample form to see the button in action (just select "No" in the first question).
Our apologies once again for the inconvenience.
- HeartfeltAnswered on September 26, 2011 at 11:34 AM
I did this and it created a back button.
- twiga007Answered on September 26, 2011 at 12:06 PM
I tried it and it worked. Thank you for the temporary fix.
- emrew86Answered on September 26, 2011 at 12:07 PM
we are sorry for this bug. bug has been fixed...
- bethelpcAnswered on September 26, 2011 at 12:17 PM
it seems to be working now!
- siteladyAnswered on September 26, 2011 at 12:18 PM
I had this problem with my secure form, but it hasn't been a problem with the non-securely transmitted forms.
To remedy the problem of the submit button not working in my securely transmitted form, I went into EDIT FORM and removed the submit button, then I replaced it, saved my edit, and it now works.
I have tested this in AOL, OPERA, CHROME. All working.
You might try doing the same thing and see if it is a remedy for you.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on September 26, 2011 at 01:00 PM
That's very interesting information. Thanks for sharing it.
- evank001Answered on September 26, 2011 at 01:10 PM
I did what sitelady said, and it is working again !
- chnetworAnswered on September 26, 2011 at 02:51 PM
It is working for me now. Not sure what changed. Thanks for looking into it!
- bwincAnswered on September 26, 2011 at 03:53 PM
Is working fine now. Thanks!