What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Email content fields are coming through blank (again).Asked by JackStackBBQ on November 13, 2014 at 11:04 AM
We're having problems (again) with the forms.
1) The email still isn't coming from the individual submitting the form request but continues to default back to <email@example.com>. There doesn't seem to be rhyme nor reason as to why it's defaulting back. At this point I just need someone from Jotform to fix it for good.
2) Now the [E-mail] field isn't coming through from the form.
3) The [Estimated No. of Guests] field isn't coming through from the form either.
I visited the website that you have, the form that is embedded on it is this: http://www.jotform.com/form/12010909511.
Which was a cloned from this one: http://www.jotform.com/form/10670328516
Unfortunately, when you clone them, there are slight changes on the form fields name. This is why the email content does not capture all of the field value.
1. I added the name side-by-side to see the difference of the field names.
2. This is also the same with the email alerts setting, it reverts back default or blank field because you need to set it up again.
I hope this helps. Let us know if this works.
Questions 2 & 3 have been resolved. However, we are still having issues with the reply email listing as noreply@jotform rather than the customers email?
If I understand correctly, you want to see your customers email address instead the firstname.lastname@example.org in your email notification. If that's correct, you can achieve this using mandrill.
Please refer to the following guide: http://www.jotform.com/help/240-Set-Email-Field-as-the-Notification-Sender-Email-Address-with-Mandrill
Let us know if this helps.