What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
How can I complete data set using 2 different formsAsked by asccombaillaux on November 18, 2014 at 07:08 PM
Let's say I am organizing a specific show for which:
- Users will register based on 1 form
- Organiser will update data base using a second form afteer completing some checks let us say we just tick an OK box
How to make all this data visible by user and orgnaiser using one HTML report.
Thanks for your help.
How about if you combine the submissions of the 2 forms on a 3rd form. And then create the HTML Report using the 3rd form data.
1. The JotForm Combine Submissions App will allow you to combine submissions.
2. Create a 3rd form that have fields/questions similar to the combined submissions data (the CSV file exported from Combine Submission App)
3. Import the submission data (csv file data) to the 3rd form. You can use the JotForm Apps Import Data to import data from CSV flat file to the form submissions.
4. Now that the 3rd form have data, you can create HTML Report using its data.
Please tell us if this can work for what you need or not.
Thanks, I think that should do it, just one related question if the import is done multiple times how to avoid duplicate lines ?
Is there any possibility to define a unique index to perform updates ?
You can probably do the filtering of the existing data outside the form submission page..
You can export/download the submission data to Excel file and then filter.
Please inform us if you need further help.