- smaloney207Asked on November 19, 2014 at 07:33 PM
I'd like to use this with my students by posting the JotForm link on my PortaPortal. I've linked to Dropbox, so I want to avoid junk submissions.
- CharlieAnswered on November 19, 2014 at 08:18 PM
I'm not sure if I understood your question correctly. Do you want to add a password to the actual file or do you want to add a password-like or security measure to prevent spam-like submissions?
If what you meant is adding a security layer to avoid spam-like submissions, you can follow a couple of suggestions that I have.
1. Using Captcha, this is a common way to avoid spam like to form submissions.
1.1. You can use the Captcha field we have under the "Quick Tools".
1.2. You can also search the available widgets regarding Captcha
2. You can also create a custom field that will act like a 'coupon code' or another 'validation code'.
3. Choose "Show / Hide a Form Field", we want to only show the submit button when the verification code entered is correct, otherwise they can't click the submit button and won't be able to upload the attached files.
4. In my case I made a condition to where if the verification code entered matches either of the two listed code it will display or show the submit button.
5. You can make more complex conditions that should prevent the form to have spam-like submissions.
You can check the live sample form I have here:
I hope this helps or at least give you an idea on how to proceed. Let us know if you need more assistance on this.
- smaloney207Answered on November 20, 2014 at 06:56 PM
Thank you for your prompt and thorough response! The verification code is just what I'm looking for.
- CharlieAnswered on November 20, 2014 at 07:19 PM
You're most welcome. I'm glad the suggested workaround works for you.
If you need assistance again or have any other concerns, feel free to open up a new thread here in the forum, we'll be more than happy to assist you.