- LCnetworksAsked on November 27, 2014 at 09:31 AM
I am new to Jotforms and I have implemented a few forms with the intention of going for one of the paid for systems. Due to the way I want our workflow to work, I used the configurable list widget in these forms.
It is also important for me to run reports in order to track the history.
With the default forms, there is a nice graphic report that looks pretty decent and give your a nice overview, but I noticed I can't have graphic reports when using the configurable list? When I select graphic forms, I get tables...
Can someone give me some clarity on this?
- CharlieAnswered on November 27, 2014 at 11:56 AM
Are you using the Visual Report Builder under the "Reports" section?
The Configurable List widget including it's data will not show in a graph because it is one entity or one cell value if we compare it to a spreadsheet.
This is my sample form:
1. If you navigate to "Submissions" under "My Forms", you will see all the test submissions that I made.
2. When you scroll down, you will see the list of submissions with columns and rows, the Configurable List widget shows it's data in one cell row. So it's hard to divide the data in it to a graph. Unless you export it as a spreadsheet and make a formula using Excel. What can be presented in a graph like in a pie chart would be the Gender Column.
3. I then navigate to "My Forms"->"Reports"->Add New Report
4. I then choose "Visual Report Builder"
5. You will see here that I can create a graph pie chart presenting the breakdown of genders. Unlike the configurable list, it is an array of values in one cell or acts as one element, so it's hard to present it in a graph.
You can still download the submissions as an excel file and make graph presentations using pivot table or formulas. Although, that would require a lot of work when not your not that familiar with it.
I hope this helps. Let us know if you need more information regarding this.