- cchlAsked on September 27, 2011 at 09:00 AM
The "saving" circle goes round and round for long periods of time, sometimes as long as a few hours, without saving my form. If I refresh the page, my changes are lost. Why is this happening. I have had to re-do forms several times, and I don't have time for that. I have updated my java and outlook to the most current possible.
Can you explain?
- marketplacesuzukiAnswered on September 27, 2011 at 09:20 AM
Having the same problem myself, I was told it takes a while to propagate the changes. I know that it used to be updated immediately but I've been waiting 24 hours for my last updates and still no changes.
- medwardsAnswered on September 27, 2011 at 09:59 AM
I am having the same issue. I updated it yesterday and it is not showing this morning.
- allanftdAnswered on September 27, 2011 at 02:09 PM
@cchl, may we ask which web browser were you using when you were trying to save your form? Have you tried using other browsers like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox?
I believe your problem is different from cchl's. You are able to save your form but the changes are not reflecting when you refresh the website where your form is embedded, am I right? If so, may I ask for the URL of the website where it is currently embedded so that we can inspect further?
Awaiting your responses. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.
- medwardsAnswered on September 27, 2011 at 03:04 PMI tried it in both Firefox and Chrome and the page is still not updating with the changes. It looks fine in the preview, but not live.
See below in the preview the button says "Submit Form".
Below is the live page. Still showing old buttons.
- medwardsAnswered on September 27, 2011 at 03:27 PM
I have uncovered something strange. When I embed the following code "unsecured" the change IS showing. However, I get the annoying "Security" warning.
When I check the Secure Form box and embed the code, the change is NOT showing.
My change is to the submission buttons.
- cchlAnswered on September 27, 2011 at 03:29 PM
I am using explorer, but I don't think I should have to switch through various browsers to get this to work, do you? Also, when the forms are live will my clients have the same problems if they use explorer?
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on September 27, 2011 at 10:56 PM
@medwards: Thank you for the details. For the mean time, if you wish to use SSL on your forms, please change it to https://www.jotform.com. Just replacing secure to www will do.
Please do let us know if the problem still persists.
@marketplacesuzuki: do you have the same issue as medwards?
@cchl: You really have a huge form that's why it's having difficulty saving. I will submit a ticket to our dev team to let them know about this case.
Thank you for your patience.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on September 28, 2011 at 03:40 AM
We are looking into the caching problems on the secure.jotform.com forms.
For very large forms we recommend using Google Chrome to edit your forms. That will perform better.
- medwardsAnswered on September 28, 2011 at 09:33 AM
- JotForm SupportmlizAnswered on September 28, 2011 at 03:31 PM
Hope this helps.