- BenAsked on December 09, 2014 at 08:27 AM4) On forms central, pretty much every multi-choice control has an automatic 'other' option than can be turned on. If their answer is not in your defined list, they will automatically have a field open up for them to manually enter. Also you can customise the other label to any text of your choice. Do you have similar functionality?
- BenAnswered on December 09, 2014 at 11:15 AM
Yes, you can add the other text in the checkbox or radio group if you so choose.
To allow other field to be shown, you can use the quick button in the toolbar itself:
And you can do that through Properties, just as you can allow other there as well:
You can see a sample here: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/43424104576956
Do let us know if you have any further questions and we would be happy to answer them.
- BenflipsAnswered on December 20, 2014 at 06:10 PMCan you have an 'Other' option in a dropdown menu?
- raulAnswered on December 20, 2014 at 07:38 PM
Yes, you can add the word "Other" as an option for a dropdown.
This is how it looks in the dropdown.
If you have further questions, please let us know.
- BenflipsAnswered on December 20, 2014 at 08:20 PMBut then do I have to manually create a text box to appear if that is the
In Forms Central, the 'Other' option is available on pretty much every
control. When selected, it automatically opens up a text box below that
control (for people to enter their appropriate response, AND the label of
the 'other' selection can be changed (so for instance, in the dropdown menu
it could be changed to 'Yes - please provide details').
This is definitely a feature I would like implemented in Jot form if
Do I need to log a separate suggestion, or can you put this on the list on
- raulAnswered on December 20, 2014 at 09:30 PM
My apologies, I didn't understand the purpose of having an "Other" option in a dropdown from your previous question. I have now understood your requirement with your new response.
Since this is a new topic, I've moved it to a separate thread, so we can address it properly. You can find it here: http://www.jotform.com/answers/480013