- francisflorackAsked on September 29, 2011 at 07:18 PM
Hi. New here.
I just created a form with the "File upload" form tool. I tried it, but when I try to upload a jpg (I tried several), I get the following error message:
"You can only upload following files: pdf, doc, docx, xls, csv, txt, rtf, html, zip, mp3, wma, mpg, flv, avi, jpg, jpeg, png, gif"
Am I doing anything wrong?
- AtacanCAnswered on September 29, 2011 at 08:07 PM
It would be very kind, if you share your form-id with us. So we can take a look at it and fix your problem.
Thank you very much.
- francisflorackAnswered on September 29, 2011 at 08:11 PM12714642803
- JotForm SupportmlizAnswered on September 30, 2011 at 03:23 AM
I pulled out the form you mentioned however there is no upload file field included. I am unable to reproduce the said issue, once you add a file upload button you can set the file extensions that you wish to accept make sure that there is no "." before the extensions that you include.
You may visit the following article from our user guide for more information:
Let us know if you have questions.
- francisflorackAnswered on September 30, 2011 at 12:32 PM
I must have edited the form sometimes after sending my message. I created a new one and I still have the same problem:
When i try to upload a jpg,or other supported formats, everytime, I click on the submiy button, I get the same error message.
Thanks for your help.
- JotForm SupportmlizAnswered on October 01, 2011 at 01:25 AM
I made a test using the new form created, I was able to upload a jpg file. This appears to be a browser related problem, can you send us the browser type and version you are using so that we can do a further check and find out what is causing the error.
We'll await for your response.
- EzyMediaAnswered on October 02, 2011 at 07:46 AM
I am also experiencing this problem on Firefox.
- allanftdAnswered on October 02, 2011 at 08:57 AM
May we ask for the URL of the form as well as Firefox version you are using?
We'll await your feedback so that we can further investigate.
- francisflorackAnswered on October 02, 2011 at 10:11 AM
Windos 7 64 bit
file inserted in webpage within Adobe Muse. I then export (As HTML) the website locally (on my hard drive). I open the file from within Firefox
The problem still occurs.
:) thanks for all btw. cheers
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on October 02, 2011 at 10:29 AM
At the moment, neither type of upload button upload can be used in Firefox 7. This is an issue for which a ticket has been submitted and our developers are working to resolve it ASAP. (Please see this related thread. Sorry, I didn't remember that the thread was private.)
In the meantime, the best we can recommend is that some sort of notice be placed on forms containing upload buttons, alerting Firefox 7 users of issue and advising them to use an alternative browser until the problem is fixed.
Our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
- francisflorackAnswered on October 04, 2011 at 01:02 PM
New related problem
Now, I when I click the submit button, I get the following error message "Upload Error " (I did check that the file format was supported and that the file size was small)
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on October 04, 2011 at 04:25 PM
I just tried using firefox 7 and I was able to make a successful upload with your form, francisflorack.
Please try and see if it's still not working on your end.
- francisflorackAnswered on October 14, 2011 at 03:21 PM
just tested it.
it did not use to work.
But it does now. :)