- ianggjamesAsked on December 17, 2014 at 08:46 AM
I have a form with a dropdown list of countries - and all the texts are in English (e.g. England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, etc.). However, when someone on an Italian website (and who, possibly, had opted to have the page translated into Italian - I can't be sure of that) selected "England", the notification email to me contained "Inghilterra"; which I then had to intervene manually and alter back to "England". Is there any way of preventing this from happening?
- BenAnswered on December 17, 2014 at 10:01 AM
Could you please give us a link to the jotform so that we can take a look at it and see what might be happening.
It would also be useful if you would know what is the submissions ID (or any unique way to identify the submission) of the entry where the language was changed.
This would allow us to inspect and check this further in order to provide you with the proper response.
- ianggjamesAnswered on December 17, 2014 at 11:51 AMHi Ben
The form is at http://www.bellydancer.org.uk/2008/teachers.html.
It’s Id is 43272453969364.
There aren’t any live (only test) Submissions against this form on the Jotform website (presumably because I’m using embedded code, rather than a script?). I’ve attached the notification email, in case that helps.
- BenAnswered on December 17, 2014 at 01:29 PM
OK, I presume that you mean that if people come to your website using the Google Translate or use some other tools to translate the pages for them.
Since you are using embed option for embedding entire source code, it sees the fields as part of your jotform and is able to translate them right away.
This is the link I used to see your page:
It can be used again after you make the changes, although I would suggest making the tests on some 'private' (where URL is not directly available to the others, but can be accessed directly) page.
Do let us know how it goes.
- ianggjamesAnswered on December 18, 2014 at 10:11 AMHi Ben
I’ve looked into the iframe option – but I can’t see any way of integrating a table into a jotform – and that’s an essential element in this particular form.
I’ve tried researching via Support to see if it is possible, but I’m away in Egypt currently and download line speeds here are typically no better than 18Mbps – lots of the pages on your website just don’t get to display at all!
- ianggjamesAnswered on December 18, 2014 at 10:22 AMHi again Ben
Looks like I may have found a way round this – there’s a statement you can insert into the Head – “” – which seems effective at preventing Google from translating. Probably won’t stop other translation systems, but Google is probably the most common.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on December 18, 2014 at 12:04 PM
I am glad to know that you found a solution. It would be better if you share it with us. It may help other users as well having similar question/issue.
With the help you google I did try to find a solution and it seems you can add "<meta name="google" value="notranslate">" Is it the same meta tag you also want to add. I haven't test it but it seems it will only work in chrome browser but you may like to test it.