- AA_CAsked on December 22, 2014 at 04:22 PMHi,
OK I understand but after trying the Combining Submissions App on my forms it destroys all my French characters in the csv file.
So when I imported the csv file to Google sheets it was of limited use.
The same thing would happen if I imported the csv file to a new form, the characters would be wrong.
Unless I can get all the characters correctly I can not use the app.
- BenAnswered on December 22, 2014 at 05:31 PM
Could you please tell us if it turns them into ASCII equivalents or if it turns them into unreadable characters?
Also if this is true for only values or labels, or maybe even both?
- AA_CAnswered on December 22, 2014 at 08:45 PM
It Actually dose both, Characters are unreadable and punctuation is ASCII, for example the column with the French text;
No d'adhésion de l'AAC comes out like this
No d'adhÃ©sion de l'AAC
Data text is also scrambled the same way like QuÃ©bec for Québec and Trois-RiviÃ¨res for Trois-Rivières and so on.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on December 23, 2014 at 02:54 AM
I'm sorry for the trouble caused to you.
I did test and I am able to replicate the issue you are having. The issue is not related to Combine Submissions app. There seems to be some glitch where the submission data with French language text are replaced by different characters in csv and google spreadsheet. It does display correctly in excel export. Please check the screenshots below:
I am reporting it to our back end team. We will get back to you as soon as we have any update from them.
- AA_CAnswered on December 23, 2014 at 01:34 PM
I noticed a question yesterday that indicated a similar problem with characters;
and I believe there have been others in the past.
I see this was passed on for further investigation also.
Looking forward to a "New Years Resolution" :)
This is my last posting until after Christmas, so I can't respond until then.
Thank You & Have a Happy Holiday;)
Agility Association of Canada
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on December 23, 2014 at 02:33 PM
There is a ticket that was assigned to one of our developers, and we will let you know by updating this thread once we have any news.
Thank you for cooperation.
- alp_denizAnswered on January 06, 2015 at 06:41 PM
I have been looking into the issue but I am not able to replicate the issue.
- Get CSV submissions of a form - open / download
- Open in Office as CSV - !important! select Unicode (UTF-8) character set and everything works as expected.
- Upload CSV file to Google Docs. The spreadsheet seems perfect.
Could you please help me identify the problem? Where does the problem arise?
Happy new year!
- AA_CAnswered on January 23, 2015 at 10:07 AM
I have been very busy so it took time to get back to you. I tried as you suggested and had better results then not using UTF-8 but there were still some issues. Then I exported the .csv to Google docs and opened it in Google sheets and all the characters were correct, so that is my solution.
Consider the ticket closed now.
Thank you for your help in this matter.
- BenAnswered on January 23, 2015 at 11:12 AM
Great :) Thank you for updating us Robert. I am glad to hear that it is working for you now, but do let us know if you have any questions or any further issues and we would be happy to assist.
- AA_CAnswered on January 23, 2015 at 11:32 AM
Hi Ben, your welcome.
I did post another question about the select date calendar not all in French.
Perhaps you could have a look at that one for me.?
Have a great day my friend.
- CharlieAnswered on January 23, 2015 at 01:16 PM
Thanks for updating us. I see that you posted another question here: http://www.jotform.com/answers/502055. We will address to it accordingly and I will also notify my colleague if he can look at it personally.
Thank you and have a great day.