- jerry557Asked on October 03, 2011 at 12:56 PM
This is funny one, it work well at this url http://form.jotform.com/form/12714410264 but when I paste a source code into my website you can submit it with the "required" fields left empty, it shows you all the red notifications and then submit it anyway.
I have other two forms at this website done with iframe and no problem there. I have checked it on a 3 different pc's and still the same.
Please have a look.Page URL:
- BrewzurAnswered on October 03, 2011 at 01:04 PM
oops read your statement wrong, nvm
- jerry557Answered on October 03, 2011 at 01:09 PM
Yes, it showing the red information "this field is required" and then send it anyway.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on October 03, 2011 at 06:41 PM
We are sorry for the inconveniences you are facing.
The problem has been reproduced from our end and forwarded to our developers for the further investigation. We will keep you updated through this thread.
Thank you for cooperation with us.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on October 04, 2011 at 03:23 AM
Can you try the iframe code? Here is how you can get the IFrame code. Open your form on the Form Builder:
1. Open "Setup & Embed" tab on toolbar,
2. Click on "Embed Form"
3. Click on iFrame and copy the code provided.
- jerry557Answered on October 04, 2011 at 04:16 AM
@ aytekin Yes, the iframe is working but the only trouble is when I use the iframe I can't hold the size of the background of my form (230px) for some reason iframe's background is bigger and it doesn't look good - no idea how to adjust it. I have done no modifications to the source code either. Also I have another website based on the same theme with a similar form where the source code work very well. have a look here
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on October 04, 2011 at 04:56 AM
Try changing the value of the width attribute in the iFrame from 100% to 230px and let us know if that helps:
Incidentally, in the form builder the form's width is set to 244px:
- jerry557Answered on October 04, 2011 at 05:26 AM
Ok, the form it's working now and the background issue is resolved as well.
Last two questions:
- how to reduce the space between "get quick quote" and top of the form (it should be smoller)
- how to change the space between form fields and left eadge of the form (it should be wider)
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on October 04, 2011 at 05:46 AM
With regards to your last 2 questions. Here is a guide that may help.
Please inject this css code to your form to remove the top padding. And if you are having trouble injecting CSS here is a guide for that, click here, and proceed to method 2.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on October 04, 2011 at 05:56 AM
@jerry557 This thread is really branching out in many directions. Please post unrelated issues in separate threads. Although it can be argued that all of the posts above relate to a single form, the issues are not really related to each other.
Thanks for your understanding and co-operation in this matter. We eagerly look forward to other queries you may have.
- jerry557Answered on October 04, 2011 at 06:29 AM
@idarktech, @abajan, @ aytekin @Mike_T
Thanks for all the help guys, problem solved.
- kristiwrightAnswered on October 11, 2011 at 05:02 PM
I'm having the OP same problem. *Required data is bypassable upon submition. Is there a work around or resolution to this problem?
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on October 11, 2011 at 05:12 PM
Have you tried embedding the form using iFrame codes? If it does not help, kindly give us the URL of the exact page where the form is embedded so the support team can inspect it and hopefully come up with a solution.
We shall be awaiting your response. Thanks!
- bcometaAnswered on November 22, 2011 at 12:57 PM
I am embedding my form, "required" not working. Just tried embedding iFrame (instead of java), same problem. URL: http://www.300dollardatarecovery.com/#chances
You can just scroll to bottom and click "submit" with nothing filled out (including "required" fields) and it submits! Please help. Just got a submition with no email (stupid client yes, but my fault because required not working).
- fxrAnswered on November 22, 2011 at 04:50 PM
bcometa , I hate to be a pain but can you please post your issue on a new thread? It just makes it easier for us to track users issues.