- everycontractorAsked on December 30, 2014 at 02:03 PM
I am using email@example.com and am only getting a all the information from the form in the text. Can you tell me how to send a text message so that the information from whole form comes through. The emails are perfect.
- seanmccthyAnswered on December 30, 2014 at 02:32 PM
I need a bit more information to ensure that I clearly understand what you are saying. Base on my analysis, you are trying to get alerts via text to your phone once a user submits the form on your website. Is it a case that once the form is submitted you are only getting "text" related contents such as name but numeric values (such as phone number) are excluded?
I will await your response. Hope to hear from you soon.
- seanmccthyAnswered on December 30, 2014 at 02:45 PM
OK. Thanks for that quick feedback. You said that all the information is being sent to your email just fine. Normally when a field is excluded from a notification alert, further adjustments where made after the notification alert was configured. Did you try deleting the alert and creating a new one to see if the issue would have been resolved?
NB: I am not able to import the form for my analysis. Please provide the direct link for the form and ensure that you allow cloning by making changes in your account settings. Please reference the screen shot below on how to do so - ensure the check box is unchecked.
- everycontractorAnswered on December 30, 2014 at 03:07 PM
Here is the url for the form in question. http://certifiedmoldconsulting.com/contact-us.html
- BenAnswered on December 30, 2014 at 03:24 PM
Since you are looking to send the email as a text or sms over Verizon's vtext.com domain, you should be aware that there are few limitations on what you can do.
1. "The length of the email should be kept to fewer than 140 characters"
You can see a reference to this here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/news/article/2013/06/computer-to-phone-text-messaging.html
(Preferred Environmental Solutions)
Full Name: David Elliot
- Just the above holds 78 characters - 81 since we should count the line break characters as well.
2. Taking a look at the emails all of them are set to be sent as HTML instead of plain text, which means that a lot of other characters are sent and included, they are probably just taking the extra space while not allowing more text to be sent.
What you should do is switch the email template that is used to be sent to Verizon to be sent as a plain text.
Do note that this would still only allow you to pass only as much as:
Full Name: David Elliot
Phone Number: 222 222 2222
Best Time To Call:
What I would suggest is to either:
1. create several templates where each would send one part of the email with up to 140 characters per it so that you are sent multiple texts on one submission, but with all the required data or
2. include only the most important data which would take up to 140 characters in length.
Do let us know if you have any further questions and we would be happy to assist.
- everycontractorAnswered on December 30, 2014 at 03:24 PM
I got a text message but there were no contents
- BenAnswered on December 30, 2014 at 03:26 PM
Please take a look at my response above, seems that we have made a reply in the same time :)
- seanmccthyAnswered on December 30, 2014 at 03:28 PM
I second what Ben said in relation to this issue. Text character limitations could be the issue here. Good catch Ben.
- everycontractorAnswered on December 30, 2014 at 03:43 PM
Thank you Gentlemen.
- BenAnswered on December 30, 2014 at 03:59 PM
Thanks @seanmccthy :)
@everycontractor You are welcome and do let us know if you need any further assistance or have any further questions and enjoy the holidays :)
- abhishek tiwariAnswered on January 14, 2016 at 09:09 AM
Hi i'm builing a send email function in PHP. I just cant send email to text in vtext.com number. Can you please tell what is the correct mail format i need to use. Others for all domain(google, yahoo) my email are delivering fine.
- BenAnswered on January 14, 2016 at 10:45 AM
Hi Abhishek, please do note that this forum is about JotForm Online Form Builder. If you wish to create an email class or function that would help you to send email in your PHP script, I would suggest checking out php.net and possibly asking a question on some forum or StackOverflow.
For example a quick search there offered quite a few very good solutions: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5335273/how-to-send-an-email-using-php
If you happen to have any questions about JotForm Form Builder, please do let us know by opening your own thread: http://www.jotform.com/contact/
Otherwise, it would be best to ask on a different website / forum that is related to the same.