Payment Calculation not working on IE 8

  • Profile Image
    bitsworkshop
    Asked on January 07, 2015 at 12:23 AM

    Hi -

    Unfortunately, several of the attendees of our conference still have IE 8 (yuck!). And they are reporting that the Total line is not calculating correctly on forms with the Stripe and PO payment modules. It also appears that the Coupon module is not working - the text is wrong and entering a valid coupon has no effect.  I have verified this with using a IE 8 on Windows 7 test image from Microsoft (modern.ie).

    Here are two screen shots from the "Credit form" (in the URL below). The first shows the total is wrong. It should be $750. When checking other options it does not change. The second screen shot is a JavaScript error reported by IE 8 and can be found here https://www.dropbox.com/s/qp9tam6ssmfvte9/JotForm%20Error%20Stripe%20150106%20b.png?dl=0

    The second form with the PO payment module is http://form.jotformpro.com/form/43559395671973

    Thanks,

    Ira

  • Profile Image
    ashwin_d
    Answered on January 07, 2015 at 08:06 AM

    Hello Ira,

    I did test both of your form in IE8 / Win7 on browserstack environment and I am I am unable to replicate the issue you are having. The payment question of your form does display the total amount correctly. Please check the screenshot below:

     

    Please check and confirm which operating system your users are using, we will take a look.

    We will wait for your response.

    Thank you!

  • Profile Image
    bitsworkshop
    Answered on January 07, 2015 at 11:25 AM

    Hi Ashwin,

    My apologies, I must have forgotten to test the forms against your server using IE 8. I just checked and yes, when hosted on JotForm's server they work. I also tried them as https:// and they appear to still work.

    However, when embedded on my server at https://bitsworkshop.org/register/procredit.html and https://bitsworkshop.org/register/procheck.html they fail in IE 8. On the ProCredit form, I updated the includes to the latest versions of the scripts 4828 to see if that made a difference. It did not.

    I tried toggling on the JotForm.autoFillInitialize that is commented out, but no change either.

    Any suggestions on what might need to be changed / tweaked / checked on the server side?

    Thanks,

    Ira

  • Profile Image
    bitsworkshop
    Answered on January 07, 2015 at 11:53 AM

    Hi Ashwin,

    Okay, my mistake... Looking at this further, we forgot the 

    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">

    statement which apparently causes IE 8 to fail. My guess is new browsers are not so sensitive since they will handle HTML5 which doesn't require a DOCTYPE.

    Adding this into the top of my HTML solved this issue.

    Sorry to have bothered you... Thanks again for looking at this for me.

    Ira

  • Profile Image
    Kiran
    Answered on January 07, 2015 at 01:19 PM

    Hello Ira,

    Glad to see that the issue is resolved for you. Please do not hesitate to get back to us if you need any further assistance. We will be happy to help.

    Thank you for using JotForm!!