- highoctaneAsked on August 12, 2010 at 02:52 PM
I have a form with three pages. When I click next on the first page, it advances to the next page, However, the screen jumps, or autoscrolls so that the Heading for Page 2 of the form is at the top of the screen, which makes my logo go out of the screen viewing are. This behavior is not desired. How can this be changed? (I have implemented the form with <script> tags).
- highoctaneAnswered on August 12, 2010 at 02:53 PM
It even does it when I go to Source Code in the form builder, and Test the Light Box form type.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on August 13, 2010 at 01:24 AM
There has been a lot of requests from users about this. That's why we changed it to work that way. When the user switches to next page the form needs to scroll to the top of the form.
Can you post the URL of the form so we can see the problem?
- Jeshurun77Answered on August 15, 2010 at 04:02 AM
I have the opposite desire. When the person clicks on next, I want the following form to scroll to top of form, however, it autoscrolls to the botton.
Also, I posted a problem I have with not being able to apply the show/hide conditions at all.
My form's URL is <script src="//www.jotform.com/jsform/1971925614"></script>.
Thanks for your help!
- highoctaneAnswered on September 17, 2010 at 08:53 PM
Go to mymedicarecomparison.com . Push the "Get quotes" button, then fill out page one of the form, when you click to advance to the next page, you'll see the form jump to the top. I can see in some cases it would be useful to have that functionality. In my case, I don't think it is a good thing. You'll see what I mean.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on September 18, 2010 at 01:04 AM
Jeshurun77: Why would you want that? Can you send the URL of the page?
highoctane: I don't think it looks that bad. I understand that when you have a small page it is better to show the full page. But showing the thank you message also looks fine to me.
- entreamigosAnswered on September 19, 2010 at 12:45 AM
- ecoabyssincAnswered on March 17, 2011 at 02:02 PM
IS there a solutino to stopping the form from "jumping" to the forms heading at the top on a multi page form?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on March 18, 2011 at 09:00 AM
No, there is no way to change that behaviour.
- antoniooiAnswered on April 02, 2012 at 02:11 PM
Any new development for this behavior since it was like last year ago? I need the next page to jump to the top on the NEXT button click because:
1. Page 2 is long, page 3 is short.
2. When users click NEXT on page 2, they see NOTHING on page 3, as though something has gone disappeared.
3. Users have to manually scroll up to discover the existence of page 3.
- fxrAnswered on April 02, 2012 at 05:27 PM
It may be better opening a new thread for your issue, please provide a URL and we will look at what options you have.
One thing that does spring to mind though, have you tried the ?nojump parameter at the end of your embed code?
<iframe allowtransparency="true" src="//www.jotform.com/form/XXXXC?nojump" frameborder="0" style="width:100%;height:450px; border:none;"></iframe>
- antoniooiAnswered on April 03, 2012 at 05:33 AM
Let me try out your suggestion first. If it doesn't workout, I'll create a new thread for this issue.
- gori-mathewAnswered on April 03, 2012 at 06:58 AM
Yes that is right, please always feel free to contact us for any help.