Unable To Clone Form using Form URL in Import Function

  • Profile Image
    Bob Stolze
    Asked on January 26, 2015 at 07:49 AM

    The Import Form from web page function is not working.

    I tested the URL with browser, and the form is there.  But when use the URL with the Import Form function, as shown in the screenshot attached, it does not work -- gives error message.

    Ran into problems with it last week too but was able to change the domain to .us from .co and got it to work.

    No domain extensions are working now.

    Please help.

  • Profile Image
    Charlie
    Answered on January 26, 2015 at 10:46 AM

    Hi,

    I was able to clone this form http://www.jotform.us/form/43265542590153 using the default URL. Can you please try logging out, clearing your browser's cache and log back in. That should solve the problem.

    Please also do check if you have included excess characters like spaces at the beginning or at the end when using the Import function.

    We'll wait for your response.

    Thank you.

  • Profile Image
    Ben
    Answered on January 26, 2015 at 07:07 PM

    Hi,

    I got assigned to this thread (http://www.jotform.com/answers/503395) so I presume that you have replied via email. Can you please come to this thread and post the answer here since it seems that it was not captured with out forum tools properly.

    Thank you.

  • Profile Image
    charleenw123
    Answered on January 26, 2015 at 07:33 PM

    Hi Ben,

    Here is what I meant to reply here earlier...

    Hi Charlie,

    Still not working.  Here's what I did.

    I did not want to clear my Chrome browser cache -- too many passwords and stuff to lose.

    So I opened Firefox (has different cache).  Cleared it entirely so it was 0 MB.  Logged into Jotform accounts on FF and tried same form URL ... still did not work.

    I also tried Explorer for another cache and nothing worked.  Keep getting "page not found".

    Rebooted computer also.

    Tried various other forms I normally duplicate... nothing worked.

    I've been doing this for a couple years and this is the first I've run into this problem. 

    I don't think using a clear Chrome cache is going to produce any other results.  

    Last solution was just done while typing this... I went and tried a different computer that has NEVER used Jotform... it's my 10 year-old son's new computer.  Didn't work either.  Same error message.

    Bottom line, it's not the computer cache on my end.  It would have to be 1) my wireless router's IP address that you are blocking somehow (which doesn't make any sense since I can use all other JotForm functions), or 2) the problem is on your end.

    Still need help.  I know you guys did work with the .co to .us stuff for Form Imports so it seems feasible that something went wrong.

     

    Thoughts?

     [NOTE: Actually from Bob Stolze... was just logged in working on helping someone else with their forms]

  • Profile Image
    Charlie
    Answered on January 26, 2015 at 09:02 PM

    Hi,

    Thank you for updating us. It seems that there are a couple of users that are also experiencing this error. Seems like isolated on a specific users or location. I'll escalate this to our developers to take a closer look at the problem. We'll update you on this thread when the problem has been fixed.

    Apologies for the inconvenience.

    Kind regards.

  • Profile Image
    charleenw123
    Answered on January 27, 2015 at 08:29 AM

    Hi Guys,

    Woke up this morning and tried Import and viola!  It works now.  Two different forms just imported that would not import yesterday.

    Looks like you guys got me back up and running!  Thanks for that.

    Curious what the issue was?  Noticed new subdomains and domain extensions on the direct form links lately... have to assume some kind of "partitioning" issue where some users in one area of server with a bug or something.

    Any how, thanks for correcting the issue!

     

    BTW, Bob Stolze here again.

  • Profile Image
    ashwin_d
    Answered on January 27, 2015 at 09:36 AM

    Hello charleenw123,

    I am glad to know that you were able to clone forms without any problem.

    It seems the issue is already fixed by our back end team. Similar issue was reported in some other thread where one our developer confirmed it. 

    Thank you!

  • Profile Image
    khurramgd
    Answered on January 27, 2015 at 09:39 AM

    jot support response here please

    http://www.jotform.com/answers/504302-paypal-error-#0

  • Profile Image
    Charlie
    Answered on January 27, 2015 at 09:44 AM

    Hi @khurramgd,

    We'll be addressing your concern on that thread shortly. We would appreciate if we maintain the conversation on a thread related to the topic posted.

    Thank you.

  • Profile Image
    paulsimpson
    Answered on January 29, 2015 at 01:43 AM

    Thanks for reporting this, it has now been fixed. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused, the issue was down to a recent update causing a small bug in our import script. 

  • Profile Image
    bradm123
    Answered on January 29, 2015 at 03:10 PM

    Guys, problem is back today.  It's now different though.  It doesn't say "can't find page/form" when try import, it just flashes "Generate form" real quick, disappears, and then does nothing.  Please check and let me know if you need more details.

    bstolze here.

  • Profile Image
    Ben
    Answered on January 29, 2015 at 03:17 PM

    Since the issue might not be directly connected, I have moved it to a new thread here: http://www.jotform.com/answers/506176 where we will be replying to shortly.