NXT SolarAsked on April 12, 2023 at 3:28 AM
Hi! I'm looking to use a template Google Sheets (instead of creating a new blank spreadsheet or using an existing one) in which the data from a Jotform can be prefilled. How can I implement something like that? Or if I need to manually make a copy of the GSheet, how can I connect the data to be input in that automatically? Hope that makes sense. Thank you!
Nora JotForm SupportReplied on April 12, 2023 at 6:22 AM
Hi NXT Solar,
Thanks for reaching out to us for help. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a way to pass the submissions to an already made template as the sent data wouldn't comply with the design, and it changes and adjusts the whole sheet. But you can import the data to another spreadsheet where the template is applied.
If you have a Google Sheet that you want to have the data inside, you can try connecting your form with that spreadsheet and see if the data will be passed there. Note that the column names on your spreadsheet must match the field names on the form. Otherwise, the integration will break. Let me show you how to set that up:
- In Form Builder, in the orange navigation bar at the top of the screen, click on Settings.
- Click on Integrations on the left side of the screen.
- Select the Google Sheets Integration.
- Now, select or connect your Google account.
- Click on Use an Existing Spreadsheet.
- Select your Google Spreadsheet and your form fields.
- Now, click on Save and you're done.
Give it a try and let us know how it goes.