- mallowAsked on February 05, 2015 at 02:19 PM
Any update on when these additional filters will be available? Looking at moving from AdobeForms where advanced filtering was possible.
This is a re-post of a comment on How to Use Visual Report Filters
- BenAnswered on February 05, 2015 at 03:14 PM
At this time it is still not possible to use these filtering options in our Visual Report, but I believe that they will be available soon.
At this time our developers had a lot of work on our Form Designer, followed by Theme Store and the Adobe Import tools: Import Both Your Forms and Responses in a Single Step from Adobe FormsCentral
I'll tell you what, I'll raise your question to our developers and as soon as these filtering options are available, you will be updated through this thread.
- JotForm SupportpaulsimpsonAnswered on February 05, 2015 at 10:42 PM
Thanks for your query and for your interest in JotForm.
I'm actually working on advanced filtering options for visual report right now.
Are there any particular field/question types (dropdown, radio, text, etc) that are a priority for you?
- JotForm SupportpaulsimpsonAnswered on February 05, 2015 at 11:26 PM
Please also let me know if you have any other requirements for visual reports to make your transition from Adobe easier.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on February 08, 2015 at 04:48 AM
Can you give us some examples on how you use the filters? So that we can make sure we are implementing the right thing.
You can post your answer here:
- JotForm SupportpaulsimpsonAnswered on February 10, 2015 at 04:18 PM
I just wanted to inform you that visual report filters for have now been activated for dropdown, checkbox and radio questions.
Filters for text questions should also be activated tomorrow and I will be continuing to make improvements throughout the week.
- mallowAnswered on February 11, 2015 at 03:46 AM
Thanks for the updates. Once it works properly this functionality will provide all that i need. It's not quite there yet though....
It seems to struggle if more than one filter applied. I've only got one response in the form that i am testing and the spinning sun shape has been circling continually since i applied a second filter (over 10 minutes). I'll use the on-page feedback sheet to provide further feedback as I continue to test.
- JotForm SupportpaulsimpsonAnswered on February 11, 2015 at 04:27 AM
I'm investigating this now. If possible can you let me know which one of your forms you were creating the report for and the filter you were trying to create?
- mallowAnswered on February 11, 2015 at 04:31 AM
It was the CPD eLearning Evaluation form and the CPD Report. The first filter was e.g. Module = "Chest Pain" (which worked fine) and then adding a second filter e.g. Did you have offline time to complete = "Yes" just caused the sun to spin but no filtered report to show.
- JotForm SupportpaulsimpsonAnswered on February 11, 2015 at 07:36 AM
That has now been fixed. Sorry about the delay it took me a while to track down the cause.
- mallowAnswered on February 11, 2015 at 08:01 AM
That's great. It works now. I'll have another play about with this functionality and let you know if i have any further issues.
- BenAnswered on February 11, 2015 at 09:07 AM
Glad to hear that it is working properly for you now Stuart, but could you please also give us some examples on how you would use the filters or what you would like to achieve so that we know if any additional features are added to it while it is being worked on.
- aminenouiraAnswered on February 12, 2015 at 01:39 PMHey, I am using the abode CentralFormat and I am thinking about migrating to Jotform. My problem is that I am using a lot the filtering of data in tables such as "name Contains xyz" or rows Where field= x...these options are absent in Jotfrom. So I am wondering when they would be available..
Thank you for your efforts and good luck
- raulAnswered on February 12, 2015 at 03:33 PM
I've moved your request to a separate thread so we can address it properly.
You can find it here: http://www.jotform.com/answers/515081
We will also raise it to our development team so it can be considered for implementation.