JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Form collapse not working on dreamweaver previewAsked by bdoodle on February 11, 2015 at 11:48 AM
I'm developing a form with several collapsible sections. It seems to be working fine in Firefox, but not in Chrome. I didn't try it in IE yet. The sections show up as collapsed to start, but do not "uncollapse" when the arrow is clicked. Before I go further, can you please tell me if I'm doing something wrong? It is not yet on a website, but the form is: http://www.jotform.com//?formID=50414897840158
Chrome is my default browser but I never encounter any problem related with form collapse.
I checked your form and only the following does not collapse obviously because it does not have elements under it. The rest are working just fine.
I would suggest to clear your Chrome browser's cache and try it again. That might help.
I cleared my cache, not including passwords and download history, and I closed and reopened Chrome. It's still not working for me. Could it be a Chrome setting? Other ideas?
Another reason could be due to browser extensions. There may be browser extensions that conflicts with the collapse although this isn't most likely the case but mind checking your chrome browser extensions? If possible, try removing them and see if that makes any difference.
If the problem still persist after performing the above steps, please check your browser console and provide to us any errors you see on the box so we can analyze the problem.
Thanks for your cooperation.
NOTE: Since I first asked for help with this form, I have deleted the Form heading element.
The collapsing sections work in IE, but not Firefox or Chrome. (At an earlier point, they seemed to be working in Firefox, but no longer. )
I have embedded the form script into my test website page in Dreamweaver and used its Preview in Browser menu options to view the form with the results reported above.
If I just put the direct link for the form into my Chrome browser, it works.
I just installed the code onto the website and it works in Chrome.
I don't understand the problem, but I work with things the way they are.
Thanks for trying to help.
Thanks for your reply. So you are embedding the form, thought you are accessing the direct link. :)
Anyway, glad to hear it's working now. That's most probably due to the fact that Dreamweaver does not execute some of the scripts on its preview mode. Publishing the page should be of help.