What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Allowing users to edit their forms after submissionAsked by glennheights on October 19, 2011 at 10:47 PM
I created free performance review templates for my employees using JotForm. I now need to be able to allow managers to edit last year's forms. How do I provide editable access/links back to the employee forms from last year?
I hope I got your question properly. If your managers have their own accounts, they can easily clone your last year's forms. All they need is a link to the previous form.
Here's how to clone an existing form:
1. Click 'New Form'
2. Choose 'Import Form' > 'From a Web Page'
3. Input the link for the previous form.
4. They will now be able to edit the form on their end but they will have to provide the new links.
Let me know if I miss something.
You can allow your employees to edit their form submissions by inserting an edit link in your form's notification email. To learn how to do that, please watch this short video.
For past submissions, kindly refer to the instructions below to learn how to generate edit links for them:
1. Get your form ID from the form's URL
2. Get the ID for the specific submission that you want to generate a link to by going to your form's submissions page
3. Enable display of submission ID by clicking the settings icon and then selecting the ID checkbox
4. Copy the submission ID
5. Replace the highlighted text in the edit link URL below with the form ID and the submission ID, respectively.