- IWDmagazineAsked on February 17, 2015 at 11:15 AM
I want to run a poll and have found people are voting for themselves with bogus email addresses such as firstname.lastname@example.org. How can I validate email addresses to ensure a fair poll. Can i send an email with a link to the poll.
- IWDmagazineAnswered on February 17, 2015 at 12:35 PM
As usual after searching for an age, then posting a question, I found an answer after 20 minutes. There is a nice email validator widget in the widget section that does exactly what I wanted.
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on February 17, 2015 at 02:00 PM
That's great to see that you found our widgets helpful to validate the email and we hope that the issue is resolved for you now. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you need any further assistance. We will be happy to help.
Thank you for using JotForm!
- IWDmagazineAnswered on February 25, 2015 at 07:24 AM
The box for inputting the email address and verification code isn't showing on Google Chrome or Opera. Is there a fix for this.
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on February 25, 2015 at 11:01 AM
Can you give us more details? Is the form embedded in a webpage of yours? If so, please share the link. I just checked the form in Chrome and the email validator widget shows with no problem.
If the problem is still seen in Chrome or Opera while using the direct link of the form, please share the versions of the browsers.
- IWDmagazineAnswered on February 25, 2015 at 11:09 AM
Thanks for you reply
It's Embedded onto our site here. http://irishweddingdiary.ie/awards
I had to embed it into a Iframe as it wasn't working just embedded.
- CharlieAnswered on February 25, 2015 at 12:27 PM
Just to confirm, the iFrame embed code works in your end?
I've opened your form in Google Chrome and tried validating my email, it seems to be working as expected.
If you are still having problems on this please do not hesitate to contact us.
- IWDmagazineAnswered on February 25, 2015 at 12:44 PM
Thanks Charlie, It seems to be working in Chrome now but not in Opera, Probably not a big browser but if you had a fix it would help
- CharlieAnswered on February 25, 2015 at 02:08 PM
I tried viewing it on Windows 7 in Opera v27, and it seems to work as expected.
Could you try clearing your Opera browser's cache and updating it to the latest version. Also, are you getting any kind of error message? Do let us know if the problem persists in Opera after applying the solutions mentioned.