- webmaster_egmontAsked on February 19, 2015 at 09:29 AM
Is there a way you can make a form so that it understands where the max amount of tickets are sold, in a form where you can select how many adult tickets and youngster tickets you would want to order (so the form sums the amount of tickets, and understands how many tickets are left based on a total value we specify.
- CharlieAnswered on February 19, 2015 at 12:18 PM
I believe the following widgets would help you on that.
The widgets will allow you to set specific number of items, then at the same time it will monitor and limit the number of items that is available.
Do let us know if this works for you.
- KiddlyAnswered on February 20, 2015 at 03:42 AM
I think we actually need a different widget..
We are going to have a cinema event for children and only have 974 seats available.
We would like the program/widget to monitor the number of items in total.
The challenge her is
we have two fields and we need the system to count this two fields togheter and count the items in total.
Here are the two fields:
"Total numbers of adults"
"Total numbers of children"
We use Google Spreadsheets to transfer the data:
This is urgent, so i i hope that you can answer us in a few hours :-)
"Number of adults"
"Number of children"
- CharlieAnswered on February 20, 2015 at 09:58 AM
It seems that we currently don't have that kind of function, but it is possible if we can use the Conditions to fetch the value from two text boxes (Adult and Child) then insert it on a Inventory/Quantity Gift Registry/Ticket Purchase Widgets.
I'll escalate this to our developers so that they can see if they can use this to update the widget to be of a better use. For the meantime, I have a workaround in mind. Would you kindly check if this edited cloned form would work: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/50503719875966
So basically this is how it acts:
1. Two fields: Adult and Child text box.
2. Then there is also an Inventory widget.
3. When the total of attendees (Adult + Child) is not equal to the total of Tickets entered in the Inventory widget, then hide the Submit button and show a warning or error message.
You can clone my form using this guide: http://www.jotform.com/help/42-How-to-Clone-an-Existing-Form-from-a-URL
I used the following items: