- bdoodleAsked on February 20, 2015 at 10:04 AM
1. This is a problem with the coupon processing and is unrelated to the new Calcuation field. When I complete a form and enter the FULLSUIT coupon, it properly reduces the shipping amount by $30. If before submitting that form, I hit Clear Form and enter new product orders, the FULLSUIT coupon is applied and reduces the shipping amount automatically! The value, FULLSUIT, does not appear in the coupon field, but it says coupon is valid and reduces the shipping amount per it's rule. The coupon field is read only. More strikingly, if you hit Clear Form and just look at the Coupon field, it says coupon is valid and is read only at the outset. i.e. The Clear Form button does not reset the coupon field.
2. This is a problem with the new Calculation field. It is not updated when the FULLSUIT coupon is entered.
- BenAnswered on February 20, 2015 at 11:57 AM
I believe that this is like that 'by design' sort to speak. For example, if someone knows the coupon code, why would they want it to be reset since they are very likely to add the same coupon code right back to it.
Now I presume that the actual issue is not the form not clearing the coupon code, but that if it did not, it would be good to notice it as added in Form Calculation, which is being worked on in this thread: http://www.jotform.com/answers/517803
If you would still like to have the clear form option clear the coupon code as well, do let us know and we can raise it as a feature request, but we can not make any promises that it would be implemented to the system as well.
- bdoodleAnswered on February 20, 2015 at 03:46 PM
Per your forum question,"How to clear a field - reset to default value", the reset button (or Clear Form button) should undo the coupon code input:
"The only means to clear an input value is to manually do it (go to that field and delete or use spacebar keypress to clear)
OR to completely clear all the form answers, use the submit RESET button"
Once someone inputs a valid coupon code to my coupon code field on my form, there's no way to undo or change it that I can see. I can't change it and the Clear Form button doesn't work either. I really do want to be able to adjust a coupon code field...either empty it or change it. Anyone might want to do that so he could enter a different coupon code, but the coupon code field on my form is no longer accessible once entered. I really doubt that it's locked in by design. I even think this worked when I tried it previously. My form is:
My website page is:
- BenAnswered on February 20, 2015 at 04:43 PM
I took a look at the form in the other thread and I see the issue with the field being locked, so I understand what you mean.
I will raise this to our developers to see what is the issue and resolve it.
Thank you for reporting it.
As soon as there is an update, we will update you through this thread.
- bdoodleAnswered on February 21, 2015 at 02:42 AM
This thread is closely tied to my threads:
- SeanAnswered on February 21, 2015 at 08:58 AM
On behalf of my colleague you are more than welcome. Thank you for the additional information provided. We will be in touch.