- feliperfrancoAsked on October 21, 2011 at 04:34 PM
how can I configure this?
Form 1 - send to email@example.com
Form 2 - send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- fxrAnswered on October 21, 2011 at 04:43 PM
You can have your forms send notifications to any email address.
Just click on Email Alerts -> Click Notification -> Click the Reply-to and recipent settings button along the bottom of that dialog box., and enter any email address into the Recipient Email text area.
- feliperfrancoAnswered on October 21, 2011 at 10:09 PM
I did that, but the new form of continued contact with the email notification before andadded another
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on October 22, 2011 at 12:16 AM
Have you saved your form after you did the edit of the recipient on your email notifications?
At the moment I'm only seeing one form in your account so I can't actually confirm if there were changes or not.
- feliperfrancoAnswered on October 22, 2011 at 09:34 AM
I saved the form now.
The form "Contato 2", if you edit it and click on e-mail alerts, appears configured theemail form above. I need this form to send to another email.
- JotForm SupportmlizAnswered on October 22, 2011 at 10:38 AM
To answer in behalf of Liyam, I can see that the second form Contato 2 is already saved and the notification email is also set up. What you need to do is to just edit the recipient address of the notification email for this form make sure that you are editing the Contato 2 form.
To do this:
1. Login to your JotForm account
2. Click on 'My Forms'
3. Select 'Contato 2' from the list and click on 'Edit'
4. Once you are in the Edit Mode of the form click on Setup & Embed tab
5. Choose Email Alerts from the toolbar then click Notification
6. In the Compose Email box click the Reply-to and recipent settings
7. Update the Recipient Email address
5. Finally click on 'Finish'
Hope this helps, feel free to ask if you have any clarifications.