- balapriyankaAsked on March 05, 2015 at 02:42 AM
My actual requirement:
When user enters name,email,problem description,image file and clicks on submit we will receive this information through mail.based on the problem,we will provide solutions which will be visible to public (in report generation format).
Your solution provided me till generating the report.
After generating my report is it possible to add a new column (manually) to my report ? ,so that we can enter our solutions for problems in report itself so that everyone can view it.
- CharlieAnswered on March 05, 2015 at 03:21 AM
Unfortunately, adding columns to existing reports it not possible, but I have a workaround in mind. I've cloned your form for testing purposes, you can check it here: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/50631401135945.
Here's how I did mine.
1. To add a column, I included fields that "Admin Access", "Status" and "Resolution". This is what I will use to update the submissions and provide solutions. Initially, I'll hide the admin access field.
2. In the conditions, I choose "Show / Hide a form Field". I want to hide those fields because it is for the admin eyes only.
3. Here's I'll add rule and action to show those fields only if the admin access field is correct.
4. Now, you can do some test submissions and create an HTML listing report and add it to your form. I already added mine and I've discussed it on the previous thread.
After making test submissions, we would like to provide solution for those problems, to do that first go to your My Forms, click the submissions.
5. Choose a specific submission that you would like to resolve then click the "Edit" button.
6. In edit mode, you'll be able to see the Admin Access field, type the correct code or number combination, it will then show the other fields, fill it out and click the submit button.
7. In your HTML listing report, make sure that you DO NOT ADD the admin access field, here's a sample of my report with only the needed fields.
I hope that helps. If you would like to clone my form to explore it more, you can do that by following this guide: http://www.jotform.com/help/42-How-to-Clone-an-Existing-Form-from-a-URL.
Do let us know if you need more information on this.