- gershensonlawAsked on March 06, 2015 at 02:37 AM
In chrome, the form simply won't go through. This has happens when clients attempt to complete the form as well.
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on March 06, 2015 at 09:05 AM
I checked your form and clone it. I filled up the cloned form using Chrome and Firefox and it is working properly. I also did a test submit on your actual form and it is successful as well. Once I hit submit, it will show the "please wait..." button for 5-7 seconds, then it will go to the thank you page.
The possible reasons why it is taking too long for the form to be submitted are the following:
1. Too many conditions
2. Speed of internet connection
3. Uploading files through the upload field.
Please clear your browser's cache. I will now clear your form's cache so that your forms will be refreshed on our servers.
Hope this works. Let us know if you need any further help.
- gershensonlawAnswered on March 06, 2015 at 11:58 AM
Thanks for your response. It's not a matter of the form taking too long to respond — it's not going through at all. Not just on my browser, but on my clients' as well.
How does the "too many conditions" situation work? Is there a certain type of condition I can remove, or cut down on, to solve this?
Any other suggestions?
- gershensonlawAnswered on March 06, 2015 at 01:43 PM
I went ahead and deleted a large segment of my form. It seems to work again now.
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on March 06, 2015 at 01:46 PM
As I type my response here, I see your reply that the form is working now. We are glad to see that the issue is resolved for you now. Please let us know if you need any further assistance. We will be happy to help.