- OralEyeAsked on March 11, 2015 at 10:01 AM
If I have 7 questions with radio button options a,b,c,d,e & f is there a way to calculate what option was chosen most frequently by a user and display the next question based on that value?
Basically Im looking to calculate the mode value for a form.
- BenAnswered on March 11, 2015 at 11:17 AM
That should be possible, but I would like to ask you if you could give us the link to your jotform so that we can see the fields and if you can tell us what exactly should happen (steps) we would be happy to assist.
The general idea would be to use conditions for this so I would suggest taking a look at the following guides:
- OralEyeAnswered on March 11, 2015 at 11:23 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. I have made a very simple version of the form at http://form.jotformpro.com/form/50692739219969
Depending on whether the user answers mostly A, B, C, D, E or F in the 7 questions I want to show one final question.
Thanks in advance
- BenAnswered on March 11, 2015 at 12:03 PM
OK, I took a look at your jotform and you should be able to do this in 2 ways.
1. using conditions for skipping pages.
- the way this would work is to check the answers through the conditions and then change to which page you would like to redirect your users and that page holds the 7th question
2. using form calculation to calculate the average value
- I saw that you have set the form calculation to be 1, 10, 100 and so on in the first question, if you do this (or just give them 1,2,3,4,5,6) the outcome would be the same.
You can use avg() function to find the average value across the responses and based on that know which field was used mostly (higher the values - as you added them) would give closer results.
Basically if the numbers are between specific values/range you know that your forms were replied mostly with A or B, etc and based on that show the question that you would like.
Now I saw that you have placed Count() function to see how many fields were answered and see that you are using conditions to check for entries with A and B entries.
Could you please tell us if the calculation values are important to you (in terms that they pass some specific value)?