- ChutchAsked on March 13, 2015 at 02:39 AM
I have a form that is used multiple times for the same customer, what I call a pump audit form. What I have managed to do is create a master form and when the customer has completed and submitted that form they are presented with a second form which is a clone of the master form. What I would like to do is to have all the customer's details from the first form copy across into the second form if this is possible.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on March 13, 2015 at 03:00 AM
Yes it is possible to achieve your requirement. You can take advantage of our "URL Parameter" and "Custom URL (Thank you)" feature to prepopulate your form fields of second form with the value of first form.
Here are the steps you should follow to achieve this:
1. Get the field names of both your forms i.e. the fields of master form which you want to read and the fields of your second form which you want to prepopulate. The following guide should help you get your field names: https://www.jotform.com/help/146-How-to-find-Field-IDs-Names
2. Build a prepopulation URL of your second form by taking of our "URL Parameter" feature. The following guide should help you: https://www.jotform.com/help/71-Prepopulating-fields-to-your-JotForm-via-URL-parameters
3. Add this prepopulation URL in the "Custom URL" (Thank you) of your first form. Please check the screenshot below:
Once all the above steps are complete and you submit your master form, you will be redirected to your second form where the form fields will already be populated.
You may also like to take a look at the following guide as well which is very close to your requirement: https://www.jotform.com/help/270-How-to-Pass-a-Calculated-Value-in-a-Paypal-Field-of-a-Second-Form Instead of PayPal, you need to populate other form fields.
Hope this helps.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.