- golfermarshAsked on March 16, 2015 at 10:38 AM
Can you make forms on Jotform and prevent the data from being stored inside of Jotform itself? This way, all data would be emailed to the user you have setup in the form, but for privacy sake, it would not be stored in Jotform.
Let me know!
- CharlieAnswered on March 16, 2015 at 12:00 PM
Unfortunately, all data are being sent to our data centers, however, if you wish to delete them you can do that by viewing them in your submissions page and delete it there. We do not have any back up of your submissions or data, so when you delete a submission, we cannot in any way retrieve them. Here's the guide on how to view your submissions: https://www.jotform.com/help/269-How-to-view-Submissions.
You can scroll down and see the "Delete All submissions" button.
For security concerns, here's some information that might help you.
JotForm is 9 years old and throughout our history we have not ever once lost customer data. That's because we take security very seriously.
- We have bug bounty programs where we pay outside parties for reporting vulnerabilities in our system.
- Our servers are protected by private networks and constantly updated and patched. - Our system administrators have a collective 40+ years of industry experience.
- Our development team is encouraged to follow best security practices.
- All data transfer are made of 256-bit SSL secure connection.
- Our servers are located on SSAE16 Audited facilities.
If you are still worried, what I can advise is use the following as the main storage for your submissions and delete them in JotForm.
-You can use our different app integration regarding File sharing and storage here: http://apps.jotform.com/category/file_sharing_and_storage. Examples are: Dropbox, Google Drive and the likes.
-If you have your own server, you can use FTP to send the submissions directly to you. Here's a guide for that: https://www.jotform.com/help/177-How-to-Enable-FTP-on-Form-Submissions.
Another option that you can choose is to license the form builder itself. This will let you install and run the JotForm app inside your own network or server, which means all data will be stored in your own data center or servers. To find more about it, you can check this page: http://www.interlogy.com/products/jotform/.
I hope that helps.