- ipsailsAsked on March 30, 2015 at 03:25 PM
I have used Jotform for a few years and absolutely love it as a non-technical person who just needs to collect measurements and information from my clients.
What I would like to have is a form that someone could start on and come back to. The nature of our business is such that people don't always get through the form in one sitting or I find an error that they need to correct.
The ideal would be a form that they could simply return to as many times as needed then submit. If I find a problem, then I'd be able to unlock the form for them to make corrections.
- raulAnswered on March 30, 2015 at 03:54 PM
There are 3 approaches that you can use to accomplish this:
1. Edit Submissions: You can provide a link to your users so they can access their submissions and edit them as they need to. (This method requires the form to be submitted the first time and then your users will have the ability to edit it a many times as they want).
2. Save and Continue: This method requires the use of 2 forms. One to create a session variable that will be used in the second form (the main form) which needs to include page breaks in it to work correctly (the form is saved when the next button is clicked).
3. Autofill: This method requires the form to be completed using the same browser/computer in order to work correctly.
Let us know if you have further questions.
- Dave BenjaminAnswered on March 30, 2015 at 07:28 PM
Thanks for the speedy reply!
I had no idea about being able to send a link to submit revisions. That will meet our needs. Keep up the great work.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on March 30, 2015 at 09:07 PM
We're glad to be of help. Feel free to contact us again anytime for any assistance you need on JotForm.