- FocusedMarketingAsked on April 03, 2015 at 12:25 AM
I have a JotForm on http://ecrossmark.com/upload/ for a client and I am getting an upload error for this file. I have gotten many successful uploads but got this error for this file. The client also got this error. Could you please let me know what the issue is? Here is a link to the file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d1yrkp7q2pw6oof/2941%20Goldstein%20Brochure.zip?dl=0 The screenshot is also attached. This file is also attached to their FTP. Thanks!Page URL:
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on April 03, 2015 at 04:47 AM
The error should supposed to appear in the form instead of only when it is submitted since you are using the multi-upload field. I think a script conflict on the page is causing this to happen. If this is the case, I would advise re-embedding your form using our iframe method: http://www.jotform.com/help/148-Getting-the-Form-iFrame-Code. iFrame shouldn't create any conflict in the page. Please try it and update us here if the issue persists.
- FocusedMarketingAnswered on April 03, 2015 at 11:50 PM
I got the exact same error when embedding it with an iframe. Could it be the file for some reason since others have gone through successfully? What else could it be? Thanks!
- BenAnswered on April 04, 2015 at 05:29 AM
I see that your upload allows a file size of 1024mb (1gb) to be uploaded and that the extensions include zip so there should not be any reasons why it fails.
Now if the file is damaged at some point, moved from its location, or if connection breaks, then yes, it would not be possible to upload it due to that reason, otherwise there should be no issues.
I will do some tests with your file and update you here shortly - once I do so.
- BenAnswered on April 04, 2015 at 06:09 AM
I have tried uploading the file and it resulted in a same error.
I did try extracting the zip and it seems to be OK - that there are no issues, but I would like to ask you if you could make a new zip with the same files and test by uploading it instead?
This would tell us if there is some issue with that specific file or if there is something else going on in the back as well.
Also, did you have your clients upload files of similar size before - and without any issues?
- FocusedMarketingAnswered on April 05, 2015 at 12:36 AM
So I extracting and repackaged the file into a new zip, and still got the error :( We have had larger files than this go through so not sure what the issue is.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on April 05, 2015 at 07:42 AM
I have also tried it and got the following error:
It says connection is aborted, but my connection is stable. I have now submitted this thread to our developers for further investigation. If there are updates, you should know it via this thread.
For now, I would suggest creating another form and see if the file upload will work there and so we'll know that the issue is isolated to your form. So far, my test form is working fine. I didn't get the error when uploading the same file from my screenshot above:
Also, I would like to request taking a screenshot in your browser's console tab to see if you have the same error as mine. After the error appears, Press F12 in your keyboard and click "Console" tab.
- FocusedMarketingAnswered on April 06, 2015 at 04:43 PM
Can I just duplicate the form and try it OR do you want me to create a whole new form and try it?
- BenAnswered on April 06, 2015 at 06:16 PM
Yes, what my colleague meant was to clone to jotform. I would only suggest removing the field and adding a new one like it on that new jotform, just to see if it works or not.
You can clone it by following these steps: How to clone an existing form from your account?
Do let us know how it goes.
- FocusedMarketingAnswered on April 07, 2015 at 04:40 PM
Ok. Cloned the form and uploaded the file and got the same error :( Attached is the screenshot and console. Here is the form link: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/50966413199969
FYI - someone just uploaded something to that form today correctly. That file was a PDF at 13.6MB.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on April 07, 2015 at 05:22 PM
Thank you for doing another test as well as for the screenshot. I have added it to the report. And just to let you know that the report is now assigned to our developer. Any update regarding this matter will be posted here.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on April 08, 2015 at 06:18 AM
I tried replicating the problem, however I was unsuccessful. I also tried testing your form uploading a 17mb file but it went through without any problems. So with this, I'm suspecting that the problem has already been resolved. Your submission counts and storage space were also not affected by my tests.
If you continue to experience problems with any of your forms, please do let us know.
- FocusedMarketingAnswered on April 08, 2015 at 02:14 PM
Did you try the original file from the dropbox link? I haven't heard anything about this being fixed yet. I just tried it yesterday and it didn't go through. Thanks!
- BenAnswered on April 08, 2015 at 03:50 PM
I will pass your message to Liyam and he will get back to you shortly.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on April 08, 2015 at 10:29 PM
I was not able to get a copy of the file. Can you please try re-uploading it?
- FocusedMarketingAnswered on April 08, 2015 at 10:45 PM
here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d1yrkp7q2pw6oof/2941%20Goldstein%20Brochure.zip?dl=0
- CharlieAnswered on April 09, 2015 at 04:09 AM
Thank you for attaching the said file link. I will forward this to my colleague Liyam to have it check.
Also, may I know if you have tried re-downloading the file using that link and extracting its contents? Please do try and let us know if you get any errors. It's possible that the compressed files have been corrupted.
- FocusedMarketingAnswered on April 09, 2015 at 10:28 AM
Thanks for doing that. I did that from Ben's response earlier and it didn't work. :(
- BenAnswered on April 09, 2015 at 11:34 AM
OK, I will need to ask you to leave the file on dropbox for my colleague Liyam to be able to do tests with it and see if he can find the reason why it is not working when uploading.
I would just like to confirm that up to now, this has been the only file that was not possible to upload through this form, all other files were uploaded without any issues?
Also, just in case, could you tell us what is the app that you use to zip the file? From my experience, setting the compression method and dictionary sizes can cause the files to have issues with unzipping. While this should not cause issues during the upload, I would still just like to have as much details as possible for my colleague during the inspection.
- FocusedMarketingAnswered on April 09, 2015 at 11:44 AM
There were two files but the other one worked after the second test.
I used just the default Windows extracting and repackaging service. I didn't use any other software.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on April 09, 2015 at 12:19 PM
How about renaming the file to something else, one word? I'm currently downloading the file and will do a test here after and let you know.
- FocusedMarketingAnswered on April 09, 2015 at 12:35 PM
Ok let me know how it goes
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on April 09, 2015 at 12:42 PM
I have the same case, got the same error:
100% in the form:
Error after clicking submit button:
I have already noted it and informed our developers about it. Will try to break down the files now, removing the MACOSX folder.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on April 09, 2015 at 01:05 PM
Got the same error even without the OSX files, screenshot:
I have this noted as well and forwarded to our developer.
- FocusedMarketingAnswered on April 09, 2015 at 01:07 PM
ok thank you
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on April 09, 2015 at 01:15 PM
- FocusedMarketingAnswered on April 09, 2015 at 01:18 PM
What would be the next steps for testing/fixing? Do you need anything else from me?
- CharlieAnswered on April 09, 2015 at 02:57 PM
Thank you for your cooperation and patience on this. We're still currently testing it to find the cause of the problem. We'll let you know if we needed additional information.
- FocusedMarketingAnswered on April 09, 2015 at 04:08 PM
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on April 09, 2015 at 07:32 PM
Can you try removing your FTP settings on your form and test again the 53MB file?
- FocusedMarketingAnswered on April 09, 2015 at 11:31 PM
Great. The clone form worked, but I want to be able to send them to FTP. Any thoughts on why it would be blocked from FTP?
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on April 10, 2015 at 12:13 AM
The problem may lie with your web hosting provider for that FTP server. Can you try manually uploading any file that's above 50MB to your FTP server and see if it completes?
- FocusedMarketingAnswered on April 10, 2015 at 11:45 AM
I did upload the file successfully via the FTP. Just tested it.
- BenAnswered on April 10, 2015 at 12:54 PM
Could you please check the FTP logs to see if there are any errors recorded in it? If you are not familiar with this, you could ask your host support.
Looking at the log should help us to see what is the exact issue causing the error.
- You can remove any entries that you do not want to share and only leave the entries that are connected to JotForm and the failed entries.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on April 11, 2015 at 05:52 AM
In addition to Ben's response, can you also inform us if the account you used is the same account that is integrated with your form?
- FocusedMarketingAnswered on April 12, 2015 at 03:04 PM
Since this is for a client and is a subuser, I don't see any logs in the FTP. Would it make it different if I got the root folder with the ftp records?
The account would be different then @liyam
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on April 12, 2015 at 10:30 PM
Can you please try integrating it using with the account that you tested?
- FocusedMarketingAnswered on April 14, 2015 at 11:40 AM
That is the account I have been using. Should I get the main account FTP from the root?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on April 14, 2015 at 12:53 PM
I think using the main account doesn't matter, but try it and check if that makes any difference. The logs should help if you could ask that and provide it here, you can send it as an attachment to email@example.com.
I would also suggest checking your folder permission and make sure that write permission is check. Also, check the upload limits in your PHP configuration. If you don't know how to do this, I would suggest contacting your hosting provider for help.
- FocusedMarketingAnswered on April 14, 2015 at 01:10 PM
Sounds good. I am working with the client to get the FTP logs.
- CharlieAnswered on April 14, 2015 at 02:16 PM
Great! Do update us when you receive the FTP logs. And please do check other settings of your FTP just to make sure.
- FocusedMarketingAnswered on April 14, 2015 at 02:33 PM
Will do. So they had another one fail today as well. Here is a link to the file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dlj3vc1j00qbu2r/2946%20LincolnWay.zip?oref=e&n=59300475 It is about 600MB, but we should have support for about 1GB with the config of the form. Could you please test this on your end and see if anything comes up? Thanks!
- BenAnswered on April 14, 2015 at 03:51 PM
OK. Please leave it in the DropBox folder and I will update my colleague Liyam about the new file.
If he makes any findings, he will update you through this thread.
- AptifyAnswered on April 14, 2015 at 04:00 PM
- AptifyAnswered on April 14, 2015 at 04:03 PM
- FocusedMarketingAnswered on April 14, 2015 at 04:51 PM
So I tried to use your WordPress plugin (instead of direct embed) and got an error as well with the first file we tried, but this time a 505 error came up in the console. Please see attached. It from the submit JotForm script.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on April 14, 2015 at 06:05 PM
The form is still connected to FTP. I would suggest removing that for now and keep your files in your account, download it when ready and store it directly in your PC.
Send us the FTP logs so we can check what is the possible cause of the error. This is probably a connection between the form and your hosting provider. The logs should tell us that.
- FocusedMarketingAnswered on April 21, 2015 at 03:48 PM
I finally got in touch with Network Solutions and they don't actually offer any FTP logs :( They did tell me there is no file size upload limit and they only issue they can think of is a session timeout. I uploaded the files fine directly into FTP from Filezilla and didn't have any issues. I currently removed the FTP upload on the main form so people can use it and created a test form: http://www.jotformpro.com/form/50966413199969 with the FTP upload for testing purposes.
I tested it again and just see Waiting for submit.jotformpro.com... on the bottom left of chrome.
I put the FTP to passive and now it worked for some reason. Did something change? Just want to see if you see anything on your end before I implement into their live site. Can you test the file on your end again just in case?
- BenAnswered on April 21, 2015 at 04:02 PM
When setting up FTP you should check both passive and non passive options by using the Test Connection button.
I usually check it and test like that first and then if the little green checkmark is shown, I proceed.
You should not set up the FTP connection without checking this, but you would most likely be stopped on the next screen if it can not get the list of the folders.
While they did say that they do not offer logs, they are certainly saving them so they might have fixed any issues on their side once they took a look at the logs - if there were any (not saying that the issue must have been on their side, just not dismissing it).
What I would suggest is to run a few tests and see if there are any issues and if so, feel free to let us know.
- FocusedMarketingAnswered on April 24, 2015 at 12:39 AM
Hi again, so I am getting the error again, but the file is still being uploaded to FTP. I got the error page, but it still went through. This is with the cloned form with FTP http://form.jotformpro.com/form/50966413199969? here is the file to test out http://www.focusyouronlinemarketing.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/TITANIC-PROGRAM-FTP-TEST.zip Let me know what you find. It seems like it is processing, but I am not sure why we are still seeing the error.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on April 24, 2015 at 05:52 AM
I tested your cloned form and though it did upload the file successfully, I was not able to submit the form. It displayed the error message "File could not be uploaded for some reason.". Please check the screenshot below:
Can you please check your FTP server and see if the file was uploaded successfully? I did check your form's submission page and the submission was not recorded successfully.
I have sent a message to my colleague @Liyam to look into this issue. We will get back to you on this soon.
- FocusedMarketingAnswered on April 25, 2015 at 10:32 AM
Thanks Ashwin! The file did upload successfully at 4:45AM on 4/24. Would that be the correct time with the Titanic-Program-FTP-Test.zip?
- FocusedMarketingAnswered on April 25, 2015 at 10:33 AM
Thanks Ashwin! The file did upload successfully at 4:45AM on 4/24. Would that be the correct time with the Titanic-Program-FTP-Test.zip?
- raulAnswered on April 25, 2015 at 02:25 PM
Thank you for confirming that the file was uploaded correctly.
Your response have been sent to both Ashwin and Liyam.
- FocusedMarketingAnswered on April 28, 2015 at 11:14 AM
Hi all, Any update?
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on April 28, 2015 at 12:23 PM
Unfortunately, we have not received any update form my colleague @Liyam yet. I have sent a not to him again. Let us wait for his response.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on April 28, 2015 at 01:28 PM
We apologize for this delay. We're still working on this in finding out the cause. We'll get back to you as soon as this is resolved.
Thanks for your patience and we apologize for your inconvenience.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on May 01, 2015 at 01:48 PM
This problem should be fixed now. If the problem persists, please do let us know.
- FocusedMarketingAnswered on May 03, 2015 at 12:09 PM
Just tested it and now I got this error:
- raulAnswered on May 03, 2015 at 01:10 PM
Thank you for updating us.
The error message you've received is commonly due a timeout which can be caused for many reasons. Did you make another try with a different file? Or with the same file? Just to make sure that there's wasn't a temporary glitch in your connection when you made the upload test.
Also, did you still used this form: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/50966413199969 to make your test?
Please confirm so we can make a test on our side too.
- FocusedMarketingAnswered on May 03, 2015 at 11:32 PM
Just tested with three separate files on that form and got that error. Had a really strong internet connection too.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on May 04, 2015 at 12:41 AM
Your message has reached my colleague @Liyam. He will get back to you soon.
- FocusedMarketingAnswered on May 05, 2015 at 06:17 PM
Thanks Ashwin! any update?
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on May 07, 2015 at 10:14 PM
I've now patched the problem. Feel free to try and let us know if the problem persists.
- FocusedMarketingAnswered on June 01, 2015 at 11:04 AM
We are getting an error again. Can you please let me know what's up? We were fine for a month and nothing has changed on our end.
- FocusedMarketingAnswered on June 01, 2015 at 11:05 AM
Also, A job appeared on the FTP - but we didn't get the email notification.The FTP time was 10:30 am (although with the goofy time zone thing, our FTP would say 3:30 pm)
It was from Jackie Jones
File is in Jotform folder # 308722621251344039
File name is CYL_JohnnieGreenProgram_2015 2print.pdfNo notification came though.
- FocusedMarketingAnswered on June 01, 2015 at 11:14 AM
here is what I got on the console:
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on June 01, 2015 at 12:19 PM
I re-opened the ticket for our developer to have another look. My apologies for any frustration this may have caused.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on June 04, 2015 at 11:58 PM
Hello again, FocusedMarketing,
Would you have an idea to what was the file size of the file being uploaded? Perhaps we can find out to where this problem is happening.
- FocusedMarketingAnswered on June 05, 2015 at 12:56 AM
My client said it just started working again. I tried it and now it works again too. Really odd. Will keep you posted. Thanks!
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on June 05, 2015 at 01:04 AM
Thanks for keeping us posted.
Just hit us a message anytime should you have questions or concerns.
- FocusedMarketingAnswered on July 16, 2015 at 02:54 PM
I thought I would keep this on the same thread.A user got another of those errors again. See attached. Also, we don't get the email notifications on some of them. We didn't get it for the last couple Jackie Jones uploads. We got other ones, but not any of those. Would there be a reason for that? My client and myself didn't get a notification email.Thanks!
- BenAnswered on July 16, 2015 at 04:05 PM
Thank you for updating us about the FTP issue, which would be best to continue here, but for the issue of emails not being delivered, I have moved it to another thread so that we can properly assist you there. This is the new thread: http://www.jotform.com/answers/612309
In regards to the error, I will update my colleague that there was another issue, but do let us know if there is any other as well.
- FocusedMarketingAnswered on July 17, 2015 at 12:02 AM
Will do if they come through. Please let me know of a resolution.