- geminimaintenanceAsked on April 07, 2015 at 12:35 PM
Is there a way to list options in the drop down menu and once a form has been submitted with that option you can no longer select it?
- CharlieAnswered on April 07, 2015 at 01:34 PM
Unfortunately, we do not have that feature. But, you can try setting up a condition to achieve that effect.
I've cloned your form for testing purposes, here's mine edited form: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/50965604317962. So basically, what I did is that when the drop down option is selected, it will hide itself BUT it will pass the value to a hidden field and that hidden field with be displayed right after the drop down option hides.
Here's how I did it:
1. Add a Text box field and name it with the same with the Drop down option.
2. Set the Text box to read-only so that it will not be edited manually.
3. Using the conditions, we will use show/hide and update form field to achieve what we want. To learn more about conditions, please refer to this guide: http://www.jotform.com/help/57-Smart-Forms-Using-Conditional-Logic.
4. This is how I setup my rules and action in the condition.
IF the Drop down option is filled, then hide it and show the hidden Text box field.
IF the Drop down option is filled then pass the value of it on the hidden Text box field.
I'm using the same field name to have a better transition effects, so it might be quite confusing.
Will this, no one can edit the drop down option anymore once it is filled out.
You can clone my form to have a better look at it, here's a guide on how to clone it: http://www.jotform.com/help/42-How-to-Clone-an-Existing-Form-from-a-URL.
Do let us know if you need more information on this.