- djmgmtAsked on April 09, 2015 at 10:07 AM
I created a custom quote form. Depending on what the customer enters it gives them a custom quote. I was wondering if it is possible to create a "condition" for the Stripe payment option at the end of my form that matches whatever quote is given to the client?
- raulAnswered on April 09, 2015 at 11:53 AM
You can do this using a calculation widget and pass its value to the payment tool as described here: http://www.jotform.com/help/275-How-to-pass-a-calculation-to-a-payment-field
Please check it out and let us know if this works for you.
- djmgmtAnswered on April 09, 2015 at 01:42 PM
I followed these steps but it seems that when using stripe under the payment wizard it does not give me the option "get amount from" "total" fee. The only option i see is the "suggested amount". Is paypals calculation wizard different from stripes?
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on April 09, 2015 at 03:52 PM
Doest that mean that you do not get the dropdown menu with the options?
- djmgmtAnswered on April 09, 2015 at 04:10 PM
yes, i do not have the drop down menu, it just says "suggested amount"
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on April 09, 2015 at 06:01 PM
You are much right, I've escalated this to our developers. You should get an update via this thread, however I cannot tell you an ETA for when this will occur.
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on April 09, 2015 at 06:11 PM
Actually I know why this happens to you
First : You must add the fields and the calculation widget.
Then add the Stripe payment integration. A "Get Amount from" dropdown menu should be activated
Please check this demo I made for you:
- djmgmtAnswered on April 10, 2015 at 09:56 AM
Ok that part is now working, but it is still not carrying the information from the calculation wizard
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on April 10, 2015 at 01:08 PM
I cloned your form and reintegrated calculation wizard and Stripe payment and I reproduced your problem. After clearing cache of form same problem is existing. I will escalate this to our developers so they can look into it and we will inform you via this thread once the problem is solved.
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on April 10, 2015 at 01:17 PM
After more investigation seems that problem is inside of CSS and not integration. Your field 'My Products' is to short and because of that values are not show inside of fields. You need to change width of field by Injecting Custom CSS. To do that inside of your Form Builder select Setup & Embed tab, then click on Preferences, then select Form Styles tab and inside of Inject Custom CSS field at the bottom of existing code paste this code:
After applying this code, your form will look like this:
Hope this will help. Let us know if you need further assistance.
- djmgmtAnswered on April 10, 2015 at 01:56 PM
ok great it worked! how do I put a "$" sign in front of that figure?
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on April 10, 2015 at 02:34 PM
Unfortunately it is not possible to add $ sign inside of payment field like it is in the calculation field. One reason is that currency is already displayed next to that field. And you are able to change currency by clicking on that field and selecting different currency from list.
Hope this will help.