- emedpedsAsked on November 07, 2011 at 02:29 PM
I've come across a couple of problems:
1) People have been trying to submit forms and are getting a message saying that the site was unavailable.
2) When I tried to look at the data that I have, it looks like there's nothing since 11/4. I know I have personally submitted forms since then (as late a last night) and got a "thank you" screen, as well as confirmatory email. But, when I looked at the data on the site, there was nothing there.
3) Also, the submission does not seem to be accurate. It seems like it was more the time the site uploaded the data, rather than when the user filled it out.
We need to get access to this data today.
- yasincoAnswered on November 07, 2011 at 04:09 PM
Sorry to hear that and we will fix the problem as a jotform rep will assist you soon.
- fxrAnswered on November 07, 2011 at 05:38 PM
1) Is your form embeded onto a website? if so can you provide a URL so that we can have a quick look at your embed code.
Do you know if your users are still experiencing this problem or was it transitory? We did have issue with our servers for around 30 minutes earlier on today.
2) I notice you have set up a custom timeframe for the viewing of your submissions, Can you change that to something else, e.g 'This month' or 'All time' to see your submissions from after the 4th November.
3) We have to use the server time as the submission date/time as retrieving local time of the form users PC can be quite difficult. it also brings in problems related to timezones, and incorrectly set times on a user's PC.
- emedpedsAnswered on November 07, 2011 at 05:52 PM
1) it's not embedded in a website. I had just copied the address on an email that I had sent out to people. It had been working fine until recently.
2) I changed the custome time frame to "all Time" and there are no new datasets listed except after 11/4. I had done several submissions on the 6th and 7th, got confirmations, but I'm unable to see any of them now. There were some submissions even today and aren't on the list. I exported all the data, that I could and then deleted what I could see, hoping that more would download, but no such luck.
3) hm...that's interesting.
We have a deadline that is approaching this week and I do need to be able to get access to that data...
- fxrAnswered on November 07, 2011 at 06:28 PM
So you have deleted all your submissions?
I checked your submissions 10 minuntes ago and I, 100% seen submissions after the 4th November. I definately seen submissions dated the 5th & 6th.
I have submitted a ticket to our developers to see if there is any way they can retrieve all your submissions for this form, but I am really not sure that they will be able to.
On the data you exported, is there any sign of the submissions dated after the 4th on there?
- emedpedsAnswered on November 07, 2011 at 08:14 PM
after i download and export the submissions, i have been deleting them from the submissions box, mainly for my sanity's sake.
i just check again and when i click on the submissions box for that form (72 hour returns worksheet), it's empty.
the last entry on the exported form was from 2011-11-04 04:39:22.
assuming that all the forms that were submitted appeared in the submissions box and were exported to excel when i hit the export button, then i would just need all the data after that point (from the last entry on). so, say, from 11/4/11 on, to be safe?
- fxrAnswered on November 07, 2011 at 08:32 PM
I really dont know if they will be able recover your submissions, but I have put the request in.
2011-11-04 04:39:22 is the last submission for that customised date filter that was set up for viewing your submissions.
- emedpedsAnswered on November 07, 2011 at 09:13 PM
if they can't, is there a way to make sure that any new submissions will be visible?
- emedpedsAnswered on November 07, 2011 at 09:17 PM
by any chance, is there some sort of filter or preference that may have been accidentally turned on?
if none of the new submissions can be viewed, then i won't be able to use that form at all.
is there a way to check if this extends to any other of my forms?
- fxrAnswered on November 08, 2011 at 05:22 AM
It will say clearly at the top of your Submissions window that there is an indeed a 'filter' in place.
e.g This is the way yours would have looked before you deleted all your submissions:
You can configure the 'filter' for which you view your submissions by clicking the grey cog on the top right of your screen, and then selecting whatever TimeFrame suits:
Just be mindful of it, if you ever do set up any filters, it will be 'remembered' from session to session.
I am pretty sure, that the only reason you couldnt originally see those submissions from the 4th Nov on your form was because you had overlooked that you had a date filter set up.
I am sure you understand that this is a very useful feature for users with many submissions on their forms.
I see you have submitted some new submissions for your form, are you happy you can view them all correctly?
- fxrAnswered on November 08, 2011 at 05:40 AM
Just letting you know:
Unfortunately once the submissions are deleted they are not moved to a trash folder / any servers, instead they are permanently removed. There is no way to recover them.