- white74Asked on November 08, 2011 at 04:19 AM
I have created my app, but I do not get the option to 'add to my page' ..
only 'add to my page's favourites'
is this because I run a business facebook page?
Any advice here?
This is a re-post of a comment on Adding a form to Facebook (Facebook Developer Method)
- fxrAnswered on November 08, 2011 at 04:54 AM
Yes, I may be proved wrong on this, but, after a little testing, it appears you can't add apps to a business page until you have created an actual full standard Facebook Profile.
I will try to do a little more research on this and keep you updated.
If you do find any way round it yourself, please let us know.
- fxrAnswered on November 08, 2011 at 04:59 AM
Found a little more on this:
'Facebook does offer what it calls a business account, but this option is very limited. A business account doesn’t allow you to install Facebook apps, so you can’t add a custom page made with iframes or third-party tools.'
Seems a ridiculous limitation, but it is what is it is.
- resco7Answered on December 09, 2011 at 04:26 PM
I just added the form to my business page. When you have completed the steps on the tutorial, go to your fan page and
1. click "edit page".
2. To your left clic on "apps"
3. To your right, at the bottom of the list you will see your app listed. (If you created it)
4. Click on "edit settings".
5. Where it says "tab" click on "add" and you can also edit the name your clients or fans will see.
6. Click on "save".
7. Go to your fan page and you will see your tab ( with the name you gave it) and the form within it.
- resco7Answered on December 09, 2011 at 04:27 PM
Here´s the link to my form created on Dec 9, 2011.