What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Kloudless Widget: Uploaded Files Privacy & Dropbox SyncAsked by 3dux on April 14, 2015 at 06:40 PM
I tried all file upload options/widgets. The best user interface for us is kloudless, because it allows the user to upload entire folders at once.
Two questions regarding this widget (kloudless):
1. Uploaded files are displayed on the notification e-mail and submissions page as links. From the tests we´ve done, anyone with the e-mail can access the files. Is there any way to secure the files thru password?
2. Is is possible to have the uploaded files synced with Dropbox, on the same way of the native jotform file uploader widget?
1) There is only one recipient E-mail in your notification, how many people does have access to it? You might consider adding another recipient E-mail: https://www.jotform.com/help/41-Finding-out-E-mail-Address-used-for-submission-notifications
More important, how many people does have access to your JotForm account? You might consider adding sub-users instead: http://support.jotform.com/help/232-How-to-Share-Forms-with-a-Sub-Account-User
You can grant different permissions:
2) Yes you can sync with Dropbox, please see this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/77-Upload-to-Dropbox-with-JotForm
If you need anything else, please open a new thread, we will be glad to assist you.
Thanks for the prompt answer. But I believe my questions are still open.
1) Files uploaded thru kloudless widget are open for anyone. I forwarded the notification e-mail to other e-mail address, in a different computer, that had never been used to access jotform, and was still able to get file access. Is there any way to make it private?
2) I appreciate the guide you provided. That procedure I had already done on my form. My form is already integrated with Dropbox. The integration works great with jotform´s native file uploaded, but it doesn´t with kloudless widget. Files uploaded thru kloudless widget are only accessible thru an open link - they are not synced to dropbox. Is there any way to fix this?
Thanks again for your help!
Is there any way to make it private?
Unfortunately, the files are being uploaded to the kloudless server. It can't be set to private. It means as long as they have the link/URL, anyone can access it.
Files uploaded thru kloudless widget are only accessible thru an open link - they are not synced to dropbox. Is there any way to fix this?
No, kloudless widget will only provide the URL/ link of the file which is why on your form submission, it will only show you the link and not the picture. It is the same thing when you sync the form to dropbox.
I would recommend you using the regular file uploader so that you can make it private and it will show up in Dropbox.