What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Data from one field not pulling through to Google DocsAsked by andyohara on April 29, 2015 at 06:30 AM
I've noticed that one field on my form has stopped pulling through data, which seems pretty bizarre. For column AE on the spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wSdcYkCNLbcW8bCDRjcPVx8I15MwZfMbdRxSCOXcXY8/edit#gid=244253939), this should display as 'Complete' if the submission has that box ticked. However, for all submissions received after a certain point, 4.48pm 21st April, the 'Complete' data has not appeared. This can be seen on the submissions on lines 37, 42 and 43 for starters (along with many more).
Can you help me understand why this has happened, and how I can correct it? I won't be expecting any new submissions, but I need to make sure I don't lose all the formulas I've added to the spreadsheet.
Submissions all submissions formulas all
It seems that the header of the Spreadsheet was edited:
Editing the header affects the integration. I advise you to remove the integration and integrate again.
If you need different headers you can use the workaround off adding a new line to your spreadsheet and writing the desired headers.
Let us know if we can be of more assistance.
Thanks for the quick response - are you sure the header has been edited though? It looks exactly the same as it should do, as I know that you shouldn't edit the headers so deliberately haven't!
On your screenshot it states: "Can claim once per points window"
On the test integration I made "Can claim once per academic year"
Was this change made to the field label instead?
Ah, now that makes sense - yes, it was changed on the field label on the form itself! I didn't realise it would have that effect on the submissions data.
Would I still need to break the integration and redo it to fix this?
Well changing the field label in form should not break the google spreadsheet integration. I went ahead and tested this scenario in one of my form and I am able to replicate the issue you are having. It seems to work as expected. After I renamed my form field, the data was successfully copied to integrated google spreadsheet.
It believe somehow the column header of your google spreadsheet was renamed. If not, the google spreadsheet will always display the updated field label but it is not displaying in your case.
Please be noted that editing the column header of google spreadsheet will cause the integration to break.
I would suggest you to re-integrate your form with google spreadsheet and that should solve your problem.