- BenAnswered on May 06, 2015 at 09:36 AM
I presume that you would like to have it shown just as it is for the day and month field so it looks like this:
The reason why it is not working with the Select the year text is because you have added that yourself. This is not an error state since it is an option - one of the ones you have entered manually.
Now since this seems to be related to wedding, I am not sure why you have the past years in there, so if that is not needed, I would suggest using the default - empty value option to show Select the year instead of creating one yourself.
That way if they do not, the year will be highlighted properly.
- aprpacAnswered on May 06, 2015 at 09:54 AM
Ok I understand - I will get rid of the historic years.
Please can you answer the second element of this query - is it possible to get a missing field to also showed a message such as "The Year must be provided".
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on May 06, 2015 at 11:33 AM
I understand the problem. Just like what Ben said, you added the "Select the year" value as one of the option under your drop down. Here's what you can do.
1. Delete the "Select the year" option on your drop down.
2. Leave the "Selected Value" blank.
3. On the "Year" field, click the gear or tools icon and then go to "Show properties".
4. Look for "Empty Option Text". Put here the text "Select the year".
5. Close the settings and preview the form. It should look like this.
Hope this works. Thank you.
- aprpacAnswered on May 06, 2015 at 05:45 PM
Thanks this is now resolved