- jryanAsked on November 18, 2011 at 04:03 PM
The Quick Tool to populate address fields (see below) would be so much better if a form administrator could edit the properties:
- Allow me to limit the "State" field to the normal 2 letter postal code (rather than allowing unlimited text). Or make it a drop down field. Why allow "California" to be listed as CA, Ca., Calif, California, etc...? Allowing me to standardize responses would save time for me and form-responders.
- Allow me to remove "Country" if I don't need it.
- fxrAnswered on November 18, 2011 at 05:50 PM
As a possible workaround,
You could create your own Address field with text boxes and DropDown lists from the standard JotForm toolkit.
Would something like this work?
- jryanAnswered on November 19, 2011 at 01:10 AM
Yes, your example workaround could work, but I like the compactness of the Quick Tool version... After posting the comment, i searched the forum for inquiries similar to mine, and noticed that both have been very common feature requests and saw that the co-founder even promised to make the State Dropdown a feature request back in July 2010.
Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please!
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on November 19, 2011 at 04:12 AM
We understand your eagerness to rush to this step, but sorry to say we do not have any idea when this feature will be implemented as our developers are always busy on some other features/bugs that needs to be accomplish, their current workload is extremely heavy. But, please bear in mind that we will not stop maintaining and improving our product's and service's quality.
We apologize for this as we do not have enough manpower to handle all requests. We hope you understand the situation.
Your patience and understanding with regards to this matter is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on November 19, 2011 at 05:38 AM
The form at https://www.jotform.com/form/13223036259 has an address field that is formatted as requested. Perhaps your best route would be to:
1. Clone the form, remove all of the extra fields you don't want and replace them with your own
2. Assuming you would like to be notified by email whenever someone submits the form, add a new notification and in its "Compose Email" section, format its address just like that in the existing notification (this would also apply to autoresponders)
Be sure to let us know if you need assistance with this.