- Kelly TannehillAsked on May 27, 2015 at 05:36 PM
I'm following the instructions provided in an email talking about the NEW ability to re-import just the form responses from Adobe FormCentral. I downloaded the exporter tool, entered my JotForm email, pwd and Adobe email and pwd. The only option I see is to import ALL my forms and data or to choose specific forms. I'm not seeing the "Warning" screen you show in the email where it asks me if I want to update all forms & responses or reimport forms and responses. I've made quite a few changes within JotForm and certainly don't want to have all those changes overwritten with old versions from FormsCentral! It looks like your import tool isn't recognizing that we have already done a prior import.
Thanks for any help you can provide.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on May 27, 2015 at 07:49 PM
You must be referring to the guide described on this article.
Currently, there seems to issue on our import tool as it can only import the forms, and NOT the existing data from the forms in your formcentral forms.
Now, to be able to import the data to the already imported forms, you need to take another extra step to do it.
Please refer to this user guide:
To import the data separately, please follow the Method 2 described on the guide.
METHOD 2: Do the process by yourself
You must export your forms submissions and import them into Jotform.
GETTING THE DATA FROM YOUR FORMSCENTRAL ACCOUNT
1. While on your FormsCentral account, go to My Forms and select the form you wish to get the data from.
2. Go to the View Responses Tab and click on the Save as Excel button
3. For this tutorial, let's select the whole table and then choose the CSV file option.
and then, do the import using the JotForm Import Data App
I understand that the process can be longer, but it should work.
Please let us know if you are still not able to import the data to your jotform forms.
- utmbpmchAnswered on June 09, 2015 at 03:54 PM
Has method 1 changed? Now the first option says "download" instead of "import". Very confusing.
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on June 09, 2015 at 04:23 PM
Yes, the first import method has been changed. I believe that we had to change it due to the Adobe policies.
Now you can download the import client in order to move your forms and data.
We provide both Windows and Mac clients. Note, that on Mac you might need to open the App with a Control key (OS X: Open an app from an unidentified developer).
If you need any further assistance on this, please let us know.
- utmbpmchAnswered on June 09, 2015 at 04:46 PM
How can I run the import client once it is downloaded? Thank you
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on June 09, 2015 at 05:03 PM
You will need to extract or unzipped the downloaded client in your PC/Mac on a folder and then run the executable file (exe).
Let us know if you need more assistance.
- utmbpmchAnswered on June 10, 2015 at 10:13 AM
Thank you! this worked. I appreciate your help!