- Abraham GeorgeAsked on June 02, 2015 at 11:18 AM
Is there a way to add a 3% transaction fee to total amount before it is submitted to PayPal? I was trying to figure it out on your Payplal donation page.
- CharlieAnswered on June 02, 2015 at 12:42 PM
You can try using a Form Calculation widget as the final price with additional 3% on the transaction, you can then pass the value from the Form Calculation to your payment total field, here's the guide on that: http://www.jotform.com/help/275-How-to-pass-a-calculation-to-a-payment-field.
Here's an example:
1. Here's what I added in my form:
-a text box named "Donate", this is where we will fetch the donation of the user.
-a form calculation widget, we will get the donation value + 3%
-I set up the payment method to fetch the value on the form calculation widget. You can follow the guide above.
2. This is how I calculated the donation + 3% in the form calculation widget.
3. In the payment wizard, I'll select the "Calculation" field to where to get the final amount.
I hope that helps. Do let us know if you need more information on this.