JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
How to have scheduled Autoresponder EmailAsked by Alex Wheeler on June 02, 2015 at 07:44 PM2) Create delayed conditional auto-responders. This means that 1 hour or so after someone completes a submission, there would be conditional logic that determines which responder to send them. If the user has marked yes to questions 1-8 it would send them a "No thanks" email, alternatively it would send them a "You're awesome and we love you!" email.
If you would like to send specific notifications depending on the user input, then you can follow this guide. You can create multiple notifications then use conditional logic to set rules to when to send those notifications. You can also specify the recipient email address by using the field names.
For your question about scheduled autoresponder, unfortunately, we do not have that feature or function. You could however do that by any of the methods below, but this requires a couple of technical skills:
Method 1: You'll need to have your own web server or website.
1. You can setup a PHP script to redirect a user to a custom URL.
2. The PHP script will save your submission in your own web server database.
3. You will then need to setup a cron job in your webserver to trigger a delayed action, example is to send a custom email to your users.
Method 2: Integrate MailChimp to your form (or something similar that we support). I believe this 3rd party service provider have automation or scheduled emails. Here's a guide that might help: http://kb.mailchimp.com/automation/getting-started-with-automation.
I hope that helps.
We have great news for you! We've implemented scheduled autoresponders! Now, you can send your autoresponders to your submitters after selected time delay!
In order to use that feature you can simply follow the instructions below:
1. Open Emails Wizard on the builder.
2. Select autoresponder email that you want to delay its delivery time.
3. Click on Advanced tab.
4. Select schedule date on the drop-down menu in the Set Email Time section.
Then, your response will be sent after selected time delay for each submission.
If you have any question or issues, please do not hesitate contacting us. We will be glad to assist you.
I set this up as per the instructions above, but the people did not receive the delayed email. I am set up as such:
1. I have six possible responses on the form
2. For each possible response, I created 2 autoresponder emails, one of which is set to "immediately" and the other which is set to a specific date (one day before my event date)
3. I created a conditional rule to "change email recipient"--the IF is set to "is equal to" and there are 2 DO statements, one to send the first autoresponder and another the send the second autoresponder
People received the the immediate autoresponder, but the delayed one was never sent.
This is my form: https://form.jotform.com/welcome2myjunkaccountgmailcom/fall-2016-schedule
Your question is moved to a separate thread and shall be addressed there shortly.