- JanineTonerAsked on November 22, 2011 at 01:05 PM
When people hit submit on the form they are getting an error about the website's security certificate. We are using the secure form embed.
- fxrAnswered on November 22, 2011 at 03:26 PM
I did a test submission on IE9 with no issue.
Can you try it again please, also web browser is this problem arising on?
- JanineTonerAnswered on November 22, 2011 at 03:32 PM
Thanks, the browsers that are still seeming to have issues are IE8 (and I assume IE7).
- fxrAnswered on November 22, 2011 at 04:05 PM
Ok, I will escalate to 2nd level, we have a few users reporting similar issues at the moment, mostly on IE7 and now 2 on IE8. We need to get to the bottom of it.
If you have access to the PC throwing the error, id really appreciate it if you could review this Microsoft KB article and attempt the first 3 potential fixes listed there.
It would just be useful information for us to know if any of those fixes did work.
Has this form been live for some time? do you know roughly when this SSL certificate first arose?
- JanineTonerAnswered on November 22, 2011 at 04:49 PM
I just tried the first 3 potential fixes including clearing the SSL state. My time/date are correct and I've tried with compatibility view. After doing all three I am still getting the certificate issue. Please note that we aren't just seeing one PC experience these issues, we've received reports from all over our corporate enterprise that whenever employees try to register customers (IE8 is our standard issue browser), they receive this screen.
The form has been live since 11/14 but it has only been marketed since about 11/17. The issue first popped up early yesterday, 11/21.
We appreciate whatever you can do to escalate. This creates a large issue because (based on testing) it appears that if you do not choose to "continue to this website", the registration is lost and does not "go through". Our form is time sensitive with a registration deadline of early next week. Thank you again for anything you can do.
- fxrAnswered on November 22, 2011 at 04:57 PM
I really do appreciate the detail given there. It should help the developers troubleshoot the problem.
I have already opened the case with our development team, hopefully they can get to the bottom of it at some point tomorrow.
- JanineTonerAnswered on November 23, 2011 at 09:58 AM
I'm glad the detail will help. I was thinking about it last night and remembered that I had tried to update a registrant through the secure.jotform.com website and got a weird SQL error, something about cannot replace a child record, etc. I'm not sure if that triggered this or not but that occured on Monday morning.
I really hope we can get this resolved today. Thank you for your time and work on it.
- emrew86Answered on November 23, 2011 at 10:24 AM
We are sorry. Problem has been fixed...
- JanineTonerAnswered on November 23, 2011 at 10:55 AM
Yes, it is working for me now in IE8. Thank you for fixing it.